Error: Cannot Match Item Tracking

hi folks,

Error: I am unable to release transfer order because it says: Cannot Match Item Tracking

not sure if my assumption is right, its because of item tracking setup in item card

-anyone knows when do nav insert into lines/ records item specification tables? i tried to setup in the item card> Item Tracking Code, Item Tracking No’s, Starting No Series but still unable to NAVISION insert records into item tracking specification.

appreciate your helpfulness in advance [:)]

Whenever you have setup Item Tracking on Item card then you need to enter serial no in transactions like sales,purchase,transfer etc

Navision insert record in specification table when you are entering serial no record during transactions and once your close that form/page then it will write to Reservation entry table

Amol,

thanks for replying… after input items in my transfer documents, Line> Item Tracking Lines> Shipment> Under Lot No Elipses […], look up into it and select the lot that i want> input the quantity (base)> put the cursor on next line to ensure that tracking lines data is being captured> press > NAVISION actually shows savings item tracking lines and go back to the transfer order line…

When release the document still i got the error message: Cannot match item tracking.
[:(]

Is there any customization done from matching the item tracking code ?

Just debug the process .

"then you need to enter serial no in transactions like sales,purchase,transfer etc"

• the setup of serial nos in item card was done, even no. series/ start date, last no. series was set too.
  • i went to the extend of creating new purchase order with new batch of tracking no’s and serial no’s, in my transfer order CAN i choose this batch of items ?

"Navision insert record in specification table when you are entering serial no record during transactions"

• after inserting item tracking lines in transfer order, no data was written into tracking specification.
  • so… any idea when 'll entries goes into tracking specification?

"once your close that form/page then it will write to Reservation entry table"
understand that… however i realize that the reservation status still under ‘surplus’ instead of reservation…
when 'll it become ‘Reservation’ since I am unable to release the document…?

i guess is the reservation entry…
i have 2 batch of stock, basically when reserve NAVISION normally uses the oldest batch (based on FIFO principle), and the oldest batch in which my transfer older trying to apply cant find the relevant tracking number with this batch, therefore i explicitly choose the second batch where there’s a lot no, and wa lah, i can post ship & receipt already… :D/

now the issues is, for the batch without tracking number, how do i assign them ?

[:S]

hi all,

I have error message “Cannot macth item tracking” when I refresh planning of firmplan order.

so, how i fix this? please