EP website not working , error : “Cannot connect to the configuration database”

Hi,

I am working on Enterprise portal of Dynamics Ax 2009, the website is properly installed on the server…but wheneve i am trying to open the website its throwing me error “Cannot connect to the configuration database” , can anyone suggest me the solution for this error.

Thanks and Regards,

Kiran.s

Hi,

While installing Enterprise portal, you would have specified configuration database for Role centers. This error is due to an issue with access to SQL SharePoint Database. Make sure the login you use is member of the ‘dbcreator’ role in SharePoint database.

Hi harish,

Thank u for ur reply, but the login which i am using is already a member of ‘dbcreator’, whenever i am connecting to sql server it throws an error : TITLE: Connect to Server

Cannot connect to ********\MICROSOFT##SSEE

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified) (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: -1)

also der is no issues with window firewalll as sql is markled in it.

if any other possible solution will be welcomed…

Thanks and regards,

Kiran.S