Enterprise portal login error

Hi All, I have configured “Enterprise portal” but when I try to logon it gives me this error… AxaptaCOMConnector.Axapta.1 error ‘80042041’ Error executing code: object not initialized. Stack trace: \Classes<unknown>\itemTxt \Classes\WebSession\ParseArgs - line 109 Error executing code: object not initialized. Stack trace: \Classes<unknown>\itemTxt \Classes\WebSession\ParseArgs - line 109 /TestEnterprisePortal/i_axapta.asp, line 4 I followed the configuration steps as mentioned in the “Setting up Enterprise Portal” doc. Also i referred this forum http://www.mbsonline.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9431#38563 but no luck! I went ahead and even tried debugging the root cause of the problem by following the code…What I found is : In i_axaptafunctions.asp within function Axapta, the code segment below userid = Ws.Call(“SwitchAxaptaUser”) doesn’t return the userid. Appreciate if anyone can help me out!!! Thanks and Regards, Dilip

Some additional info: I’m using Windows 2003 with Axapta 3.0 SP1 I searched in Technet and found that this is known issue with Windows Server 2003 and in one of the discussions its mentioned that Windows Server 2003 SP1 beta solves this problem. I searched for SP1 but couldnt find them on microsoft sites. Also, there is a thread saying that Axapta Service PACK 2 for version 3.0 solves this issue. Can you please tell me from where to download the latest service packs for Axapta 3.0? Awaiting a speedy response…Thanks in advance!!

We have the Axapta EP running onder Win2003 (but didn’t it test much …). We use Axapta 3.0 SP3 (plus the Kernel Hotfix “30SP3_HF001_Kernel”). It’s true that you need SP1 for Windows Server 2003, but there’s already a patch (see Article KB839003) available from Microsoft (had to order it by telephone). Also you have to Allow Active Server Pages in IIS6.0 The steps to accomplish this are part of the article KB315122. Do the following : 1) Open IIS Manager, expand the master server node (that is, the servername node) and then select the Web service extension node 2) In the right pane of IIS Manager, right-click the extension that you want to enable. In this case, this is Active Server Pages. 3) Click to select the Allow check box. This is not yet a fully supported fix, but worked fine for us.

Dear Jurgen, Thanks a lot for your valuable advice. I had already set allow ASP extension on my IIS. Right now, I have just got the SP2 from my distributor. I’m just applying it and will check whether that fixes the issue. If not then I will try SP3 and Windows 2003 SP1 patches. Wish me good luck :slight_smile: Once again, thanks for your time. I will post about my findings soon. Thanks and Regards, Dilip

Since the author of this thread posted same query in multiple forums, I am locking this thread. Those who want to follow this thread, please visit - http://www.mbsonline.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12515 And please stop cross posting [V] Harish Mohanbabu PS - If you want to unlock this discussion, please PM me.