Emptying a balance accout to another balance accout

Dear Dynamics User Group.

In the end of every financial year i need to move the balance of some balance-accounts to another balance-account.

For example i have 3 fixed assets accounts:

• One with the balance from previous years.

• One with the depreciation from this year

• One with new entries this year.

I need to move the balances from the two lower accounts to the upper account. I would like to use a function like the “close income statement” where the posting date are a fictional date between the closed year and the new year, if that is possible. Or should i make these postings manuallY?

Best regards

Simon

Ps. i forgot to mention that my accountperiod already is closed. But i have not yet Closed the income statement.

Simon

Manually I am afraid! You could always preface date with C😀.

Neil

Simon

Manually I am afraid! You could always preface date with C😀.

Apologies for delay. Was at client site providing assistance on service management module and what else Nav could do. Where do you start?

Neil

Again, thank you very much, Neil!

Ok, i guess i have to do it manually. What do you mean when saying “preface date with C😀.” ??

And what do you mean by “where do you start”? Do you mean which company? :slight_smile:

Simon

The ‘C’ before a posting date identifies the journal line as a closing year entry.

Please ignore comment re ‘where do you start’. Referring to my client asking what Nav can do.

Neil[:)]

Arh okay. Yea i guess NAV can do a lot ;-).

Very clever with the C before posting date. If i do it on the 31. december (our financial year closing date) will it then have effect on 31. december, or is it a fictional date between 31. december and 1. january?

For example if i pull up a report on the balance sheet pr. 31. december, can i then se the above postings? (I would like not to see it, and then i maybe need to make a beginning entry instead?)

Simon

Literally identifies transactions as a closing year end type transaction. So, for example, on Balance by Dimensions screen there is an option to include or exclude closing entries. These are those!

But only affects profit and loss items and not balance sheet as balance sheets are balances as at a date.

Make sense? If not I can send a link to screen shots! [:)]

Neil

Dear Neil.

I will try to make thes postings now. Should i make them before i close the year in Nav?

Simon

Dear Neil.

I will try to make these postings now.

Should i post them before i close the financial year?

• Simon

Simon

Yes and in which case no need for ‘C’ in front of date. [:)]

Neil