empty object in import worksheet

I’m trying to get an empty object into the import worksheet to be able to use the delete option. I’ve found a way to create the empty object by searching the forum. However, as soon as i export the empty object, Navision crashes [:(!] Suggestions?

Why can’t you just import a real object?

Hi! I don´t understand…What empty object (Table,Form,Dataport,Report,Codeunit)? Without any code? What version of Navision are you using? Brgds R.

I’m sorry, I forgot to mention it. I am using Attain 3.01B and want to include an empty report in the import worksheet. You need an empty object (having size 0) to be able to select the ‘delete’ option on the import worksheet. I want to use this option to remove objects that are no longer required (test stubs, data conversion objects).

Hi! I don´t understand, why want you use the Import Worksheet, to delete empty, temp objects. You can delete objects from Object Designer too. You need not use the Import Worksheet to do this… Brgds Roland

Roland - this way you can kind of remote-control a customers objects. If you e.g. send changes via e-mail. Smart, indeed!

Anfinnur - You live and learn:) Brgds Roland

quote:

Originally posted by Anfinnur
Roland - this way you can kind of remote-control a customers objects. If you e.g. send changes via e-mail. Smart, indeed!

I’m also trying to export an empty object from version 3.60, but I don’t know how to do it. Did anyone find a solution to this?

It would be nice to do this via the Import Worksheet. To do what you are trying to acheive, I have done the following in the past. 1) Change the version tag on the objects I want to clean up to DELETE 2) Write a processing Report that deletes these objects from the Object Table 3) Import these objects on the customer site 4) Have the customer run that report Not elegant, but it gets the job done :slight_smile: