(EFT) Electronic Funds Transfers

Hello I’m looking for an addon to Navision Attain 3.01B for my receivables to work with an EFT system. Please advise if you know of one / used one. Thanks

This Add-on should be there… Moved topic from “Open Subject” to “MOD request”

There’s a couple of reasons that you probably won’t find anything that has been developed as a standard modification. First, there are no universal standards for electronic funds transfer information. In the U.S., there are no requirements on financial institutions relating to the form, content, or format of how this information is transmitted to the end user. We’ve seen everything from ASCII to X.12 to ACH to XML. Secondly, we’ve never seen this data transmitted with any data that you could reasonably use to link the information to the customer account/invoice, as the original customer order for the funds transfer did not relate to the Navision invoice. The first issue is relatively easy to overcome, but the second one has generally be insurmountable because of the lack of information available from the financial institution. Allen Beck President Beck Consulting Alameda, CA & Bellevue, WA allen@beckconsulting.com 800-456-8474

In New Zealand we use an Australian EFT Add-on from Aston Naviteam. I’m not sure if this will be the right format for you - but you could look them up.

Well Chris (is it Chris or Smith?) the issue is simple. I have worked with Navision in many countries over the years, and as with most things, I have seen that standards exist every where in the world EXCEPT here in the USA. Its unfortunate, but where most countries have certain standards for EFT, the US doesn’t. So creating an add-on does not make much sense. You will need to write it for every bank you want to interface to. In the UK for example, they have the BACS standard, which makes life so easy. It took me about a day to write an interface to Navision. On the other hand the lack of standards here, sure helps keep un-employment down[}:)].