EDT FilePath - problem

I have a problem with table fields based on EDT FilePath When I try to make a field based on this EDT, and after that, I try to put it on a form, I have an error message, when I try to click on “folder icon” I found an example on DocuType form. There is a field from DocuType table names ArchivePath and there are no error message after clicking a"directory icon". I’ve tried to found some special property of this filed, but I can’t find. Does anyone know, why I have such error message ? [B)][V]

and what error message do you get?? It would really help in understanding your problem. :slight_smile:

quote:

and what error message do you get?? It would really help in understanding your problem. :slight_smile:
Originally posted by kashperuk - 2005 Apr 07 : 21:00:39

Yeah sure [:D] I don’t remember what was the text of error :wink: But if it is interesting for you, I have a solution :wink: I don’t know why Axapta programmers did something like that, in my opinion it’s very stupid[:0)] If you want to know the text of error message, try to do a form with field based on FilePath [:D] It takes maximum 2 minutes [:D] The solution is, that you have to write few methods on this form: - fileNameLookupFilename - fileNameLookupTitle - fileNameLookupFilter - fileNameLookupInitialPath Don’t ask me how I found this solution, because I don’t remember, it was some kind of coincidence [:I]

Oh, yeah, sure. Now I remember. the FormHelp property on the EDT is sysPathName. In the run() method on this form it calls the winApi function with parameters that you specified. (or at least one of them). Maybe the rest is used inside the winapi::browseforPath() method :slight_smile: