Editable Option

You just proved my point, instead of going back and trying to find it yourself, you expect others to do it for you. Where’s the insult? What exactly did I say that is insulting?

Lets roll back to basics here. So this is a lesson in NAV Design and principles.

The whole purpose of an option field is that you cannot change the options, or the values within it at runtime. This is to allow logic in code to guaranteed. Its fundamental purpose is to not be changed,

You can recaption the option values for the whole system, but not down to a user specifically.

If your request is different selectable values for different uses then you are effectively asking for a foreign key link. Like the location table for example. We don’t want to restrict that as it makes no logically sense too, its open for the user to add and or remove values as needed.

It should be easy to decided which of these two methods your problem falls into (remember you can restrict who can add records to a FK link by using permissions)

t

I am not going to start PINPOINTING! then this page wont be enough!..And do underline my word ADVICE and not SOLUTION!..'m amazed you dont know the basic difference!

hi tony…

Thank you so much for your inputs[:)]…

Hmmm i have already tried using the setup table as in ITEM location in Location table…but thanks all the same…And 'm working on it to satisfy my requirements[:)]

What are you talking about? You’re not making any sense…

Hmmm…you were implying that instead of finding the solution myself 'm asking people here to do it for me! And you can be far from the truth! i was just asking the experts their advice! i like learning and 'm learning EVERYDAY!

P.S : And truely 'm kinda getting tired of this silly conversation! 'M sure WE all know whats what!

I am not implying anything, I am flat out saying that you don’t seem to be willing to TAKE any advice. Instead of getting all angry at me, take a moment, take a deep breath, and consider the possibility that I am actually trying to help you. The answer is already in this topic, all you need to know to solve your problem is already in here. There is nothing more to say about this topic, all you need to do is stop being so stubborn and read and listen and learn. The answer has been explained in here a number of times, but you insist that this is not the right answer. It’s not just in this topic, it’s in other topics of yours as well. If you really want to learn, then learn! Don’t dismiss, but listen. If we explain that option values are not meant to be changed at runtime, then accept that fact and move on to another solution!

You have this idea when you start the topic, and you refuse to accept that there might be different ways to solve your problem. You then latch on to some newbie’s suggestion instead of listening to the more experienced members. What you need to learn most of all is to tell the difference the bad and the good advice. You HAVE to start listening, or you will never really learn anything. It might even be a surprise to you that if it weren’t for the fact that you are so helpful to others, I would not even have added anything to this topic at all. I am really trying to help you, but if you keep acting this way there’s really no point.

This post is solved, right!?

If your not understanding Daniel then your post here is a great example, he didn’t want to pinpoint. [:D]
http://dynamicsuser.net/forums/t/33290.aspx

35 posts to figure out 4 lines of code. Basically beacuse your description of what you are trying to achive is not so clear.
But the main point I;m getting at is by the end (IF YOU READ ALL 3 PAGES) your frustrating & arguing with 3 or more people.

IN the end…We are all glad you’re learning

we were so out of the topic & i was just replying to you. IF you had seen the others post of mine here in query, you would have also seen that i told Dhan raj that i got the solution i was hoping for.

And i meant no disrespect! i have seen so many posts here…And i can tell when 1 is being in an insulting way…As i already mentioned i dont post unless i do some research of my own and still end up no where!..

Thats all i have to say…!

Thank you Harry[:)]…So 'm i!..

neither did i!..Frankly speaking i have never had to deal with this much insults from an unknown person! & i can too attach the posts which will show to all about what 'm speaking about!..so…

Yeah sure…A problem can be soluted either by 1 line or 1 page! But the thing is you need to know the right solution!..

And 'm trying to learn it.

Shona,

you have been extremely rude to Daniel. He has tried to help you but you continually spit on him. I have no idea why he wants to continue helping you.

You have no right what so ever to come here on this forum and to start insulting the people that are trying to help you.

Oops, that’s a lot to read after a long holiday. [|-)]