Hi, I have a requirement to validate peoples email address when captured into Navision Contact Card. Currently if there is an invalid email address contacts that register via the web-site are having issues when the web looks up the contact details in Navision.
Anyway, I was thinking of the following:
- Use OnValidate Trigger (ofcourse) - when data capturere types contact details into Navision contact card.
- Use Navision Code and develop some sort of function manually to validate an email address
- OR Try to use the same XML validation string as used on the website
- but use XMLDomDoc variable in Navision to somehow validate the E-Mail field in Navision using XML schema or something
- The key benefit here for me is that the XML string above can be a setup parameter, and is probably more accurate than writing a new Navision function
Has anyone attempted something like this before? (Perhaps using XMLports is something, but I have not looked into that at all).
So am I stretching the boundries or overcomplicating a seemingly simple task, either way its a challange.