E-mail logging using MSExchange

I have setup the mail logging facility as specified in the White paper and have also setup a rule in outlook to copy the mail from a specific mail address into the public folder/Queue folder(I am not using NAS) I would like to know whether Navision 3.60 retrieves the mail by itself from this queue folder ? if yes then where & how can we see these mail? else How do we view these mails? Another related problem is that when I send a mail to a contact,this interaction is logged in the interaction log entries but when we click on the Show button , nothing happens (the mail does not have an attachment). I have done the e-mail logging setup in Relationship Management Setup and have also specified the the outlook integration for the Salesperson Alice Hart ( I am using Cronus db). [:)]This is my first post on this forum , so a reply will help me in being more active member Thanks in advance KMB

Did you start codeunit 5065 “E-Mail Dispatcher” ??? It’s a single instance Codeunit which normaly is called by Codeunit 1 (when using NAS)

Oh, I just forgot to answer your question about the Queue folder: You created two folders - right? the Queue and the storage folder. The E-mail dispatcher compares E-mail adresses from the Contact table with the E-mails from your mail-application. When finding the propper Contact Navision will move the mail from then queue to the storage folder. Otherwhise the mail in the Queue-folder will be deleted.

Hi Sunny, [:D]Thnkx a million for the reply (at least someone is using this feature). The problem however is still not solved. The e-mail dispatcher is working ( I get a msg box that ‘e-mail dispatcher has started’).Also its timer trigger also fires(tried it by putting a meesage box there.) As per your advice the e-mail address in the contacts list and the contact folder of outlook is same still the mail gets deleted from the queue folder and is not moved to the storage folder. Also do let me know how & where navision will show the receipt of this e-mail (i checked the interaction log entries for the salesperson and the contact also,with no result). Also do let me know what is the purpose of the show button in the interaction log window. Thankx a lot again.[:D]

quote:

Originally posted by Codeman
Oh, I just forgot to answer your question about the Queue folder: You created two folders - right? the Queue and the storage folder. The E-mail dispatcher compares E-mail adresses from the Contact table with the E-mails from your mail-application. When finding the propper Contact Navision will move the mail from then queue to the storage folder. Otherwhise the mail in the Queue-folder will be deleted.

Hi Sunny, Hey!! I finaly got it working. [:D][:D] The problem was that the contact I was using was the one I had imported from my Contacts folder of Outlook using the periodic activities> Import Contacts from outlook. The problem was that even though the e-mail is picked up from the contact but the search e-mail field in the contact card is not updated.This is the field that is being used by the e-mail logging codeunit to search for the contact.I put in the value manually and the program worked perfectly [:D][:D] Thanx again buddy (Let me know whether I can modify this behaviour i.e can I have the search e-mail also updated when the contacts are imported p.s - the validate of the e-mail field does not fire when updating)