Dynamics NAV Certification

Hello Everyone

I have experience around NAV 5 yrs and wanted to get Certificate to leverage my experience and i know Microsoft scrapped those exams i needed (Damn MSFT) and i know there is DUG certification but it costs more than MSFT exam, it is also not available around where i am.And my final concern is is how much acceptable that certification in the market?

Thanks

Hi, Please don’t waste your money in Dynamics Pro / DUG exams as I did not feel confident when I passed the exam and I was thinking it will add value or give me a job.

If you know the system it’s better than having a paper of Certificate.

This is my Advise [mention:6b46b7301e284956a61de00dfe75b824:e9ed411860ed4f2ba0265705b8793d05]

Thanks, Mahmoud.

DUG (Dynamics User Group) has nothing to do with the certifications. I guess you think about NAVUG and the company behind Dynamic Communities Inc., who also owns DCP.

Generally I agree, certifications are not worth much. If they stand alone! What really matter is proven experience. And training in the new versions - learning Business Central/AL is not a self-study task, even for experienced NAV developers.

The only time a certification is worth something is if you go to apply for a new job, and you don’t have references who can verify you have qualifications you claim to have. [emoticon:c4563cd7d5574777a71c318021cbbcc8]

Microsoft have discussed to bring back certifications for BC, but no details or timeline has been made public. So I guess people are still asking for it. Despite it’s value.

Thanks for the info,hope MSFT will bring the exam soon.

I don’t think the exams for NAV since 2015 and the Focus now on another app like CRM and for Finance and Operation and they will retire more exams in Jun 2019.

What you carry in your head matters a lot then what you carry in your Bag. That’s also my experience. If you know then you will be hired by anywhere and everywhere. [emoticon:c4563cd7d5574777a71c318021cbbcc8]

Yes, you’re right if the employer does not look for papers, many employers need you to have a packet of printed papers to hire you.