Dynamics NAV 5.0 Analysis views - are quantities available?

I’ve been using JET reports to extract some amounts from an analysis view but also wanted the associated quantities. The JET reports function works for $ values (amounts) but doesn’t work for quantities.

Does this mean that Analysis views only accumulate amounts and, if the box on the options tag is ticked, budget amounts also…but not quantities?

I’d appreciate any help…I want to analyse quantities against dimensions in addition to the 2 global dimensions.

Regards, Keen Kiwi

Have u tried Sales Analysis it can give u both figures(amounts) and quantity and that too budgeted and non-budgeted.

Andrew;

Not knowing what exactly you want to achieve - but have you looked at Inventory Analysis by Dims? (Fin.Management / Inventory / Analysis & Reporting).

You can’t get Qty & Amt side by side in Navision matrix form, BUT, when exported to Excel, it creates Pivot Table, where you can manipulate the data layouts more effectively.

You can’t get Qty & Amt side by side in Navision matrix form, BUT, when exported to Excel, it creates Pivot Table, where you can manipulate the data layouts more effectively.

By using Sales Analysis i believe u can. But yes it is present 4.0 onwards.

Thanks Kapil.

We have a number of non-NAV systems which interface directly to NAV sales invoices/sales credit memos. We have customised NAV so that when the sale invoice posts to the general ledger the associated quantity also posts to the general ledger. We are using a number of dimensions hence our need to pick up quantities in the general ledger analysis views.

Cheers

Thanks Kapil

We have a number of non-NAV pre-billing systems which integrate with NAV to produce sales invoices and/or sales credit memos. We have cutomised NAV so that the quantity field from the sales invoice line (or sales credit memo line) posts to the general ledger quantity field when the invoice is posted.

Hence the Sales Analysis is not much use to us - we want information from the General Ledger Analysis views. As we are selling services (eg charging for packing goods into a container) we haven’t configured stock or non-stock items for the items we are selling. This also reflects that our sub-systems which interface with NAV are creating the initial billing data.

Cheers

Hi Andrew,

Have you looked at the Item Analysis View as opposed to the Analysis View. This will give you both value and quantity. The tables are “Item Analysis View Entry” and “Item Analysis View Budg. Entry”

Dave - Item Analysis View sounds interesting but currently we are only billing to GL lines. So in each sales invoice we first select GL acct then enter the GL acct number etc etc. Hence I doubt Item Analysis Views will give the correct info (in fact any info at all) since we have not set up our services as Resource Items. Welcome any further feedback though. Cheers, Andrew