Dual Processors on 3.7 or 4.0

I’m aware that up to 3.60 Navision Native Database do not make uses of the second processor if the Server is dual processor. Is it still the case in 3.7 and 4.0 with the Native DB?

Yes. It is.

Hi Lars, We’ve got a 3.60 Native with a dual processor server. Since we’ve applied the hotfixes (yesterday) our system administrator has noticed that now the load balances between the processors. Also ours users noticed some performance improvements (we us the WareHouse module) Before the hotfix was applied all the work was loaded into on single processor. If you got a change log of improvements in the 3.60 hotfixes I’m interested, check the following thread : http://www.mbsonline.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11982

Hi Tarek. It’s not so easy to find the changes.doc’s as before. The MBS more has became a lot bigger than on the Navision days and I must say it’s a bit tricky to get information out nowadays. But at least in the systems requirements documents for 3.70 Profesional on PartnerSource (last changed 6/12/2004) it states that the server can take advantage of no more than one CPU. Perhaps Robert C. can spread some light over this issue?

I can’t explain the difference in load balancing because the server.exe or dbm.dll components have not changed with regard to using multiple processors. Same story as always. The performance improvement may well be due to bug fixes in the client - its very common that a functional bug fix has a positive performance side-affect. There have been around 10 3.60 hotfixes that involve c/side so its impossible to say which of these has contributed. But, hey, good news for you!