Drop Shipment

Hi, In a drop shipment I must allways post prior the sales header and after I can post the related purchases header. In Codeunit 90 there are severals pieces of code, where this is checked. Can I toggle this checkpoints from Codeunit 90, so that I can post the purchases header before I post the releated sales header? What’s happen when i toggle this checkpoints? Lukas

You can toggle the checkpoints and the limitation you mention will be gone, but there are several other functions scattered around that will then fail. When you take away the precedence limitations (having to post the sales invoice before you can post the purchase invoice), then the sales invoice will not post because it refers back to those purchase lines, which would now be deleted. The changes are doable, but not trivial. This was a headache for us in a case where we regularly had customer orders with a large number of items, the items were drop shipped from various vendors at various times, the customer would only accept invoicing upon complete shipment of all items, and of course the vendors each wanted paid when their part had shipped. So we had to change the processing for this installation, but as I mentioned earlier, it was harder that it looked at first. Dave Studebaker das@libertyforever.com Liberty Grove Software A Navision Services Partner

I too have dealt with this issue. We finally copied the functionality of the Drop Ship but, created our own fields and control devices thus, freeing us from Navisions trappings. Good luck. Bill Benefiel Manager of Information Systems Overhead Door Company billb@ohdindy.com (317) 842-7444 ext 117

Maybe I am missing something, we use Navision 2.0. On the Sales order you can ship the item with out invoicing the customer. This causes the appropriate lines on the PO to be received and then you can pay the vendor. There can be multiple PO’s accosiated to the same sales order. So you can do partial invoices to the customer for what was already shipped or you can wait and invoice the whole thing at once. but I can’t see how there is any flaw in the functionality. David Mavis

David M. I tested the following in V2.6: I drop shipped two items from one vendor to one customer. I posted shipment of all quantities to the customer. This posting also properly updated the PO to showing all items Received. I then attempted to post the Invoice to the PO and got the error message “You cannot Invoice this purchase order bgefore the associated sales orders have been invoiced.” No Purchase Order invoicing was possible until I billed the associated sales order line(s). Dave Studebaker das@libertyforever.com Liberty Grove Software A Navision Services Partner