Drop Shipment - Wrong Inventory Valuation

Hi, I found a problem with Drop shipment in Navision 3.6. Here is what I did : Created new Item with Costing method Average. Created Sales Order. Used Drop shipment to create Purchase order. Received Item thru PO with Cost $5.00( which shipped qty on Sales Order ) Invoiced the sales order. Invoiced the purchase Order. Ran the Adjust - Cost Item Entries Process. Ran Post Inventory Cost to G/L Process. System posted two COGS entries with $5.00 and -$5.00 ( the total value $0 ) - I was expecting $5.00. Inventory Valuation Report is showing $0 for Inventory Value Inventory To G/L Reconilation report is showing $5.00 for Inventory Value. Thanks, Sat

Why do You expect to have $5 in inventory when You have invoiced both the purchase and the sale? Then You should have zero value. /Lars

I am not expecting $5.00 in inventory. The problem is the report is showing $5.00 in Inventory. ----------------- Inventory Valuation Report is showing $0 for Inventory Value Inventory To G/L Reconilation report is showing $5.00 for Inventory Value. ------------------- I was expecting COGS $5.00 after running Post Inventory Cost to G/L Process ------------------ Ran the Adjust - Cost Item Entries Process. Ran Post Inventory Cost to G/L Process. ---------------------- System posted two COGS entries with $5.00 and -$5.00 ( the total value $0 ) - I was expecting $5.00. ---------------------- Since the purchase order is invoiced and cost is posted to G/L, the only thing which remains to be posted is sales order cost ($5.00). After running Adjust - Cost Item Entries Process and Post Inventory Cost to G/L Process, the system is posting two COGS entries( $5.00 and -$5.00) making the COGS $0 for sales order. If you post a transaction with drop shipment and other without it, you will see the difference.

Sorry, but I can’t reproduce Your problem. I have absolutely no difference between postings made with drop shipment and not. If You look at Your COGS bookings You’ll see that the debet is COGS. The credit is the posting of the purchase to the balance account. But what report do You refer to with “Inventory To G/L Reconilation”? I can’t see that report in my standard 3.60. /Lars

Report 10138 Inventory to G/L Reconcile Report 10139 Inventory Valuation I have US 3.6 version. May be it is just US version which is having problem.

Yes. Probably. These are reports that don’t exist in the w1-version. But You accounting is right. Isn’t it? /Lars

No, the accounting is wrong too. Inventory Account has $5 more value and COGS account is down by $5.

Are You running in Cronus demo data “out of the box”? This shouldn’t be the case if You have done Your setup correctly.

Yes, It is cronus demo database “out of box” with all the improvements. Navision US is currently working on it.

Hi Sat, I spent hours on this issue and it came down to one thing - costing method Average seemed to be causing this. If you try with Fifo or Standard it would not happen. It is due to a bug - we got it on 3.60 SG version. Anyway the solution was that you needed to apply a hotfix, cannot remember which one. I was told by our consultants that one of the hotfix read-me’s mentions this specific issue. Too bad for entries posted already though, guess those need adjustments. Out-of-the-box Attain could have these bugs, please find out and apply the hotfixes and it should go away. regs the Wish Man

Last week Navision US sent us another fix for this problem. The program is OK now but we had to correct the data. Sat