Download Symbols With AccessControlService Credentials

Hi All,

I have a multitenant, on-prem NAV2018 environment which is configured for single sign-on O365 authentication. I have no problems with this deployment and users can access both web/windows clients with their credentials. However, I could not manage to find the right type of configuration to download symbols when the NAV server instance configured as AccessControlService. Since this configuration is very new for me, I may be missing some basic configurations in launch.json file which I will be more than happy if you can point it out for me. Can you kindly let me know how is it possible to download symbols, how the launch.json file should be adjusted if your NAV servers credential type configured as AccessControlService.

NAV Version : 11.0.21441
VS Code Version : 1.24.0

Thanks,
Ararat

Why would you ever need to download symbols from your PRODUCTION environment??

Best practice is that you always do your development on a development environment/sandbox, so why even care about this? Much better to set up a dev environment without O365 auth…

Thanks for the answer.

Even though I may sound differently my scenario is in a test environment at the moment and after understanding the capabilities we will suggest the solution to our client.

Apart from your suggestion I imagine creating a new instance with a different auth might also be a workaround for the issue but I was wondering if it is possible to download the symbols from a NAV server instance configured as AccessControlService.

Use NavUserPassword, configure NAV instance as NavUserPassword. it will accept both AccessControlService or NavUserPassword

Hi IMRAN, configuring NAV instance credential type as NavUserPassword is another workaround for the issue that I am aware of but still it is not the answer to my question. Thank you very much for trying to help though.

I’ve learned that AL extension in VSCode does not yet support on-premise servers with AccessControlService authentication mode.

A link to where you’d learned it would have been nice. But found it myself:

https://github.com/Microsoft/AL/issues/

You are absolutely correct. Noted and will do so next time.