Don't you just hate it when...

…You’re bashing in code at warp 9, and you go to bring up the symbol menu, but you accidentally catch F4 instead of F5 and it deletes what you’ve just typed in… [:(!] [:D]

Also you can accidentally press Ctrl+Alt+Del several times. Watch your fingers !!!

Sorry Justin, can’t say that I’ve ever had that problem. [:p]

No, I’ve never had that problem either Justin. I would hate to have to work with you, deleting code all over the place! [:D]

I have noticed that if I am programming whilst driving down the highway, I often hit the gas and turn left when I should really should slow down and turn right, then I roll the car, and the computer really crashes, and I loose everything [;)]. I guess there really are a lot of ways to loose code.[:o)]

Been there Justin, been there…

Working for hours (without saving) on a report, place hundred of controls, make some nice frames, type in a lot of code - and Navision crashes while closing the report [8]. Oh happy day … Or open an object twice - make changes in one of them, save the other one close the first without saving [8]. Oh happy day … bye André

Working on a copy of the client’s database for hours… Closing the database to do something else (Or Navision crashes, or your PC fails, or…) Go to re-open the database…recovering free blocks…error in the database structure before you get the “log on form” so you cannot re-open the file & rescue your mods…oh joy[}:)] Moral of the story: Export/Back up your mods as you go along.

Andre, The one about opening an object twice and saving the un-modified one - that is annoying. [:(!]

Well… there are some more that could be really “funny”: 1) Working on some new modifications on the database and after finishing having somebody else importing other custom changes over your objects. 2) Working on some new modifications and after finishing noticing that you were working on a test database that was not having the latest upgraded version of the objects and your objects were already having several other modifications on the live database. 4) Working on some modifications and when you’re half finished receiving an e-mail from the customer with some objects they’ve modified for adding some things that are conflicting with your ones. Regards,

… no, no 3 … :slight_smile: (before somebody asks)…

Alfonso, you missed out number 3) [:D] What about developing some objects and then finding out the object range given to you was wrong! Or what about, you order some extra objects, you develop the solution and then on the day, you go to clients site, install objects, get MBS to send new licence and find that the new licence doesn’t cover these new objects!!! [}:)] I know you should test new licence’s before hand, but sometimes we’re talking about next day development! [xx(]

Or carefully working for an hour on two sessions of the same db making changes on both and not making any mistakes and everything looks perfect … Then you compile all modified objects in one of the sessions and you realize that Navision commits that version of objects so you lose the changes did in the second sessions [}:)] And that when trying to write code to have 30 category fields transferred from Item card to Item Ledger Entries [xx(]… And that after giving in to the client to ADD 30 category fields in the first place when you know they will never use them but hey they were in the contract [}:)] Cristi

quote:

Originally posted by CMDunbar
Alfonso, you missed out number 3) [:D] What about developing some objects and then finding out the object range given to you was wrong! Or what about, you order some extra objects, you develop the solution and then on the day, you go to clients site, install objects, get MBS to send new licence and find that the new licence doesn’t cover these new objects!!! [}:)] I know you should test new licence’s before hand, but sometimes we’re talking about next day development! [xx(]

I was keeping this one as number 3… and this is something that can perfectly happen without doing anything strange (yup… i had some of these). When you’re working on an object on client/server mode and after doing some changes (and of course before saving) the connection to the server breaks and there appears an error code 19… [xx(]

What about when you make a load of changes to a report (forget to save it), then run the report to test it, and Attain craches - fin.exe has caused a general protection fault! [}:)] Another good reason to make sure you save your work as you go along!

or simply trying to be to quick for your own good by saying NO to SAVE instead of YES after spending time modifying the object…

Nic, Yes I’ve had that happen to! [}:)] It passes the day I suppose! [:p]

…when things are going good, so you think you’ll play some soft music. You press the button to open the CD Drive, but accidentally hit the one right beside it…ya know…the power button… yes, I really did.[:I]

quote:

Originally posted by faithiejlewis
…when things are going good, so you think you’ll play some soft music. You press the button to open the CD Drive, but accidentally hit the one right beside it…ya know…the power button… yes, I really did.[:I]

I’ve a way of solving that problem: Use a laptop: Usually the CD drive is in one of the computer sides and the power button is over the keyboard… so you won’t have that problem again… unless you try to adjust the volume and push on the power button that it’s usually close to the volume buttons… :slight_smile: but you can always set your computer to “hibernate” when the button is pressed instead of just shutting down. Regards,