Does the benefit of automatic cost posting outweigh the benefit of the G/L entry locking redesign in NAV 2013?

Hello NAV peeps:

I checked the forum for information on my question, but didn’t find anything so useful. The Archer Point blog brought up the point that you cannot use automatic cost posting if you use the redesigned G/L entry locking features.

Here are my questions:

1. Does the benefit of automatic cost posting outweigh the benefit of the redesigned G/L entry locking features?
  2. Has anybody had experience using both the legacy G/L locking and the redesigned G/L locking? If so, is the difference noticeable for a business with average transaction volume?

I have watched this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMi6RBnLJ-U and it made me think that maybe it is probably not a good idea to use the legacy G/L locking and not use automatic cost posting. Does anybody have any insights?

I guess that it would be possible for the customer to start using the legacy G/L locking with automatic cost posting and try that out for a while, and then maybe switch to the redesigned version and see which they like better…, but then again, that might simply confuse the issue.

Thank you in advance. I look forward to hearing people’s ideas.