I am digging into the masterplaning and I came up with one question where I couldnt find the answer…
- Lets assume I create a safety stock for item 123
- My safety stock for this item is 5 pcs.
- Masterplaning creates a PO for item 123 cause I reached my safety stock of 5
- I ordered 10 pcs. of item 123
- My vendor ony delivers 7 pcs, so the PO has a backlog of 3 items that will be delivered later
- Now I have 12 pcs. in stock (5 safety stock and 7 that have been delivered)
- I sell 9 pcs. so now I have only 3 items left in my warehouse
- When masterplaning now creates a new PO does it recognize that I still have an open order of 3 items from my previous PO (so 3 on stock and 3 as a backlog for my previous PO) meaning that I have 6 on stock (so 3 on stock and 3 as a backlog for my previous PO) and Masterplaning dosent create a PO, cause my saftey stock is 5 ?
- Or will Masterplaning ignore the backlock and orders 2 items so I reach my saftey stock of 5 items again and my vendor will send me 2 ?
I know this is a little constructed, but I just want to understand what would do in such a case ?
Best Regards !