DO YOU KNOW IT !! with FBK, But and the options ?

quote:

Originally posted by bostjanl
[quote Hi, Thanks for your suggest But my version of navision is 2.01 or 2.60 I think hot copy works only from 3.00.

If the costumer is in the upgrade subscription program, than you can upgrade server & clients to 3.60/3.70. Just backup&restore 2.01 version to 3.60/3.70. Or you can write BAT file and scheduled it to run at night. This BAT file should stop Navision service (NET STOP ServiceName) , copy FDB file(s) to backup location, optionaly comppressed them (ZIP,ARJ,RAR,…) and then start Navision service again (NET START ServiceName). Bostjan
[/quote]
Hi, I can’t upgrade customer now, because if i upgrade it to 370 i must change all calcdate instruction to put bracket and so it 'll be lot of work. All evening i make a backup with a bat file as you describe it. But to know if the fdb file is not corrupted i is well to do some fbk Thanks

quote:

Hi, I can’t upgrade customer now, because if i upgrade it to 370 i must change all calcdate instruction to put bracket and so it 'll be lot of work. All evening i make a backup with a bat file as you describe it. But to know if the fdb file is not corrupted i is well to do some fbk Thanks

Hi! Yes, you can upgrade the costumer. You just upgrade exe, not objeckts. You only upgrade C/SIDE enviroment, but you can still use old 2.01 objects. So almost no work is involved. You must only check and rename any objects with duplicate names. Do full backup in 2.01 Install 3.60/3.70 server Create new empty 3.60/3.70 database Restore 2.01 backup in new database Install 3.60/3.70 Navision clients Bostjan

quote:

quote:

Hi! Yes, you can upgrade the costumer. You just upgrade exe, not objeckts. You only upgrade C/SIDE enviroment, but you can still use old 2.01 objects. So almost no work is involved. You must only check and rename any objects with duplicate names. Do full backup in 2.01 Install 3.60/3.70 server Create new empty 3.60/3.70 database Restore 2.01 backup in new database Install 3.60/3.70 Navision clients Bostjan

No no no no i can’t upgrade only environnement because there is this problem : in 2.01 all the instructions calcdate are for example : CALCDATE(’+1D’,…) in 3.70 if you work in language EN ok no problem, but if you work in language FR ERROR in calcdate function +1D is not a good parameter !!! If you want that all calcdate instruction run with all the language you must put bracket for example CALCDATE (’<+1D>’, …) And then all is perfect. But find and change all the function calcdate ask some days of work. Do you undestand me ? [?] I can certified it because i do that to Four customers

quote:

No no no no i can’t upgrade only environnement because there is this problem : in 2.01 all the instructions calcdate are for example : CALCDATE(’+1D’,…) in 3.70 if you work in language EN ok no problem, but if you work in language FR ERROR in calcdate function +1D is not a good parameter !!! If you want that all calcdate instruction run with all the language you must put bracket for example CALCDATE (’<+1D>’, …) And then all is perfect. But find and change all the function calcdate ask some days of work. Do you undestand me ? [?] I can certified it because i do that to Four customers

Yes, I understand you,… [8D] But finding all CALDATE functions is quite easy with NDTK. No more than one day of work,… It’s up to you,… Bostjan

quote:

quote:

Yes, I understand you,… [8D] But finding all CALDATE functions is quite easy with NDTK. No more than one day of work,… It’s up to you,… Bostjan

Of course i use toolkit, the source finder, but to replace all the calcdate manually because the beginning change always, For one customer with lot of specific it was necessary 2,5 days Bye