Displaying Report Data in Excel from Navision

How can we transfer all the data in a report to excel, when we are running a report. Say for example, running trail balance report from G/L Reports and simultaneously transferring the data to Excel in the same report format. Is there any already developed addon or tool for exporting to excel while running a report. Please clarify and thanx in advance…

quote:

Originally posted by b2b_vijay
How can we transfer all the data in a report to excel, when we are running a report. Say for example, running trail balance report from G/L Reports and simultaneously transferring the data to Excel in the same report format. Is there any already developed addon or tool for exporting to excel while running a report. Please clarify and thanx in advance…

You can do that with Automation. You need an OCX granule for that. Please try a search for:“Excel” & “Automation” in this forum. bye André

But don’t forget to first check the most simple solution: - Save the Report as HTML; - Open the HTML in Excel. Many people don’t like the end-result, but sometimes it is just “enough” to live with. If this is not usable then you have to do as André says. Bye

THanx Nelson, your solution was excellent…But i have a doubt, do we need to set some properties like tab delimited etc while transferring to html or does the system handles itself… Thanx again… Andre thanks to u too…

Hi, There is also another way (you will need to create an new report though). Look at how Account Schedules is transfered to excel. Just fill in an table Excel Buffer and use the functions in this table to transfer the data to excel. Regards Daniel

Tab delimited? I don’t know this property in Reports… Can you tell me what you mean? When you save a Report as HTML, the system automatically translates what is seen on screen into HTML code. There is no need to set any special properties. Also, there is no way to change the HTML parsing method as it is built into Navision. Well… maybe if you are an employee of Navision HQ… [:)]

Thanx for the replies… I have some problem, when i am transferring the reports which has many no. of columns. There are lot of spaces, gaps etc., when i export to excel. So how do i eliminate them. With Existing reports they are very fine and clear… Thanx in advance…

Hi, That is a combined problem of how Navision writes HTML and how Excel reads HTML. I don’t know if there are some tricks to minimize the poor formatting. Maybe someone else here has some tips for you. If there is no way around it, then you have to do some programming either using Excel Automation (as André suggested) or using the Excel Buffer table (as Daniel says).

Another way is write VB macros in Excel, which connects to db and extracts data. For native db use C/Front; For SQL - ADO;