Display Progress In Business Connector DLL

I have a .NET DLL that is called from a Dynamics AX class that involves some long-running processes. I want to display a progress bar during the processing. I’ve tried the following methods, but so far cannot get it to work right. Any help would sure be appreciated.

1. Create a progress window in my DLL that displays during my DLL processing. The window appears fine when I call the method from a job, but no window appears when I call the same method from an X++ class.

2. Instantiate the .NET progress window from #1 above in my X++ and pass it as a parameter to my .NET DLL for updates. Window appears when called from a job but not when called from an X++ class.

3. Create a SysOperationProgress window in my X++ job and pass it to my .NET DLL for updates. No window appears.

Is there an X++ method that will force a window to refresh while waiting on a thread to finish processing? Is there another strategy for accomplishing what I’m trying to do?

Thanks,

Mike

I need that too…

Is there an X++ method that will force a window to refresh while waiting on a thread to finish processing? Is there another strategy for accomplishing what I’m trying to do?

what I needed was

progress.update(true);