Dimensions in Upgrades

Hi All, Yet another question from me about upgrades[:(!]. We have a client that is currently using NFv2.0. In this database we had created customisation which allowed functionality much like the dimensions which can be seen in 3.10 and above. They currently have Department Code, Project Code and Business Unit Code working in the customised ‘dimensions’ we created in this version. What we need to do is enter Business Unit Code as Global Dimension 1 Code, Department as GD 2 Code and Project as Shortcut Dimension 3 Code in the upgraded database (Attain 3.60). We have managed to create the dimensions on the database without difficulty, but the problem we have had is that the migration of the data has been very tempramental. Has anyone tried to do anything similar or know of the best way to get the data into these dimensions? Any opinions, suggestions or guesses would be most welcome. Thanks!!

Hi If You just make sure You get Your customized dimensions over to the G/L Entry in 3.60 You can run a batch job after the upgrade to create dimension entries afterwards. I think that’s easier the trying do do it during the upgrade process. //Lars

use navision tools CD to upgrade dimensions Regards Jaganath

Lars, The batch job you mention. Does it exist in the standard product or is this something we would have the pleasure of writing ourselves? Chris.

Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated. Jaganath, Could you be a bit more specific about this? What part of the product CD do you mean? I had a look but there was nothing obvious to me. Am i being stupid?[:I] Lars, Thanks for the suggestion. I think this may be the way we have to go to solve this problem - we will give it a try!! Thanks again. John

[quoteThe batch job you mention. Does it exist in the standard product or is this something we would have the pleasure of writing ourselves?
[/quote]

You have to create it Yourself, but it’s easy. Just create a report which runs over G/L Entries with myCustomDim <> ‘’. For each entry You insert a Dim. Entry. /Lars