DimensionDefaultingController in a grid?

Hey all. I’m trying to do something that’s probably not possible. I’ve been messing around with it for a while, and haven’t been able to figure it out, so I thought I’d ask here.

Basically, I want to use a DimensionDefaultingController in a grid, with a drop-down for each of the three fields (Dept, Cost Center, Expense Purpose).

I understand how to use it in a tab, with DimensionDefaultingController::constructInTabWithValues(…). I tried setting this up by adding a group to my grid, and then initializing it with DimensionDefaultingController::constructInGroupWithValues(…), but, while this doesn’t throw any errors, it doesn’t result in any columns being added to the grid either.

I’m guessing I might have to add a detail tab with the fin dims on it, and force the user to switch to that tab to change the dims.

Does anyone know of a way around this, or can anyone point me to an example in AX where something like this is being done?

Thanks!

Hey, just to follow up on this, in case anyone else is curious, I gave up on the DimensionDefaultingController, and am instead using SysLookup::lookupDimension(…) to populate a couple of independent drop-downs.