Dimension Group in Item Master in AX 2009

Hi,

I have created a new Item and made some transactions. In the Dimension Group selected Inventory dimension Site, Warehouse and Batch Number and enabled Primary Stocking for all the three i.e Site, Warehouse and Batch Number.

Now the system allows to change the dimension group in Item Master. I can able to set a different dimension group. i.e. Site and Warehouse. and there are no errors in the Item master we even after changing the dimension group.

Is there any parameters / work around available in the system to control this, because If we have Inventory dimension Configuration, Szie and Color system doesn’t allow to change the Dimension in the Item Master, once the transaction exists.

Pl let me know your views.

Regards,

Satish EC

Not sure if this will work. Close inventory for all the open transactions, so make sure all are settled and then try to change the dimension. group. If this doesn’t work then it is not possible to do it.

Thanks for the update.

My issues is System should not allow to change the Dimension group if there is a transaction exists. We are facing this issue.

Made a Packing slip with Dimension Site and Warehouse and received the material and the same have been consumed in Picking list Production Order. Now the Users have changed the Dimension group in Item Master and they have enabled the Batch No.

If try to invoice the PO, system throwing error message Batch Number is Primary Input/output dimensions must be consequently specified.

Is there anyway to prevent the User from changing the Dimension Group if there are transactions.

Regards,

Satish EC

No. Because we have made a serious mistake. and that is we have kept Item Master open for end users. Item master should be administered by someone knowledged guy. otherwise there may be fickle around the item master. stop access of any master to end users.

No. Because we have made a serious mistake. and that is we have kept Item Master open for end users. Item master should be administered by someone knowledged guy. otherwise there may be fiddle around the item master. stop access of any master to end users except few. but better if it is managed by some administrator.

Set the Dimension Group to View access for the users and give them item masters.