Difference Beween German and Austrian Version

I have got a few questions regarding the Austrian and German version : 1/ Is there a lot of (local) differences between the German and Austrian version or they’re identical (or almost?) ? 2/ Is there a lot of differences beween a WORLDWIDE and a GERMAN Database Is it a big job to migrate a GERMAN version into WORLWIDE in order to enable a German based company to work in a Worlwide Have you got any GERMAN customers using a Worlwide ? 3/ Is there a lot of differences beween a WORLDWIDE and an AUSTRIAN Database Is it a big job to migrate an AUSTRAIN version into WORLWIDE in order to enable an Austrian based company to work in a Worlwide Have you got any AUSTRIAN customers using a Worlwide ?

Tarek, I can only help you with point 2 (and for sure not 100%). However, there are only minor changes between DE and W1 in the standard. A few tables and form related to INTRASTAT as well as a couple of reports related to INTRASTAT, VAT and GL. So, having a German company running W1 with the modifications should not be a big issue. But there are a some modifications called “Komfortmodule” and add on’s (like archive, cost controlling, etc.). I am not sure whether they are comming with the standard DE version or not but normally not needed for a German company to run a legal business. Kind regards Walter

Hi Tarek, the German and Austrian versions are almost identical. Done with the simple compare tool, it lasts two days. When I remember well, we had two fields to change only in a few objects. If you want, I can look up for further details. Michael

quote:

Originally posted by Quasimodo
Done with the simple compare tool, it lasts two days.

I would like to know what compare tool you’re using. Even with the slooooow Navision Development Toolkit it never takes more than an hour or two. Yes with the OLD Impuls Workbench it might have take almost a day, but never two days. So I guess you should ask your employer for a new computer! [:D]

Walter, Michael : Thanks for your input guys! [:)] I’m actually pleased that the differences are minimals as merging/localazing object as always been a very annoying job to do, but it has to be done … Michael : By all means if you’ve still got a log of differences somewhere, I would really appreciate if you could post it here

Hi Erik, it doen’t depend on the PC, but on the number of files, you have to look at the differences. Tarek, now I have holidays, but I will send a documentation to you, as sonn as I am back to my office. Michael

Michael, You but to compare the German agaist the Austrian you only have to compare two files. Using my prefered compare and merge program (Araxis) it takes approx. 5 minutes to compare two full site object (text format) files. If you do the same thing with Navision Developer Toolkit’s Compare tool it takes less than 30 minutes to do the compare, but then you can get a full report. Of cause you must use some time importing the object files. And that takes between 30 minutes and 1 hour (it once took me almost 1,5 hour!). And yes it depends on the speed of your PC. Just like everything else when you run Navision.

Hi Erik, could you tell me more about Araxis. You might be right with the time, because I forgot to mention, that I compared not the raw german version, but one with an add-on. But I will look in my office, because as I remember there were more than 2 files. Michael