Difference between aosValidateDelete() and validateDelete()?

Hi all,

Can anybody please tell me what is thdifference between aosValidateDelete(),aosValidateInsert(),aosValidateUpdate() ,aosValidateRead() and ValidateDelete(),ValidateInsert() respectively?

If we can do all those validations on the client itself then what is the need to do these validations on AOS server?

Also please explain me what are the sequence of executing these methods?

How and when these methods are called by default?

Thanks in advance

• aosValidateDelete - Executed when a delete operation is performed on a table object, before the operation is committed to the underlying database table.
  • aosValidateInsert -Executed when an insert operation is performed on a table object, before the operation is committed to the underlying database table.
  • aosValidateUpdate-Executed when a read operation is performed on a table object.
  • aosValidateRead - Executed when a read operation is performed on a table object.
  • ValidateDelete - Executed when a record is deleted.validateDelete is automatically called from forms and is used to check whether the current record can be deleted.
  • ValidateInsert - i dont thinks this method is available in the AX.

Hi Karn,

you can found the proper definition of all terms at MSDN (official documentation of Microsoft Dynamics AX), below is the links:

Table Methods [AX 2012]
msdn.microsoft.com/…/aa625830.aspx

Methods on a Form [AX 2012]
msdn.microsoft.com/…/aa674599.aspx

Methods on a Form Data Source [AX 2012]
msdn.microsoft.com/…/aa893931.aspx

for more information you can visit: 360dynamics.blogspot.com/…/ax-2012-difference-between-form-methods.html

Have you realized that you are replying to a 5 year old thread? Thread is locked.