Development Licenses

I’m in the business of developing .NET components and I’m toying with the idea of exanding into Axapta components/add-ons. I’m having a difficult time figuring out what needs to be done in order to obtain the necessary development licenses. I called Microsoft but they weren’t very helpful. I do realize that I will need people with a solid Axapta background to pull this one of and that they could probably answer my questions, but I’d like to better informed before I approach them. Any information on how to obtain development licenses as well as (required) certifications and/or programs would be highly appreciated.

Hi, For certification details you can have a look on www.vue.com site.

Thanks Rajesh. Can’t find any info on the exams on the Microsoft Website though, so I’m afraid it doesn’t get me much further. Do you have any idea about how a development license can be obtained? I’m clueless… [:(]

At the time being, in order to become a certified developer, you must sit for 2 exams, one for Programming and another one for Development… …but from what I have been told from our local Microsoft Business Solutions branch, they will be changing the certifications some time in the near future… …and from what they have been telling me, its going to be one exam for both Programming and Development and another one, propably in SQL server… …so propably the best thing to do, would be to talk in person with someone from MBS so as to be sure about what to study… [:D]

Is it still the case where you HAVE to work for a solution center in order to obtain a full solution developer license?

quote:

Is it still the case where you HAVE to work for a solution center in order to obtain a full solution developer license?
Originally posted by achowtc - 2004 Nov 10 : 21:48:21

That is not the case here in Greece, and I do not think that it is case in general anymore. The thing is, that if you have not actually implemented or worked with Navision for some time, it is very hard to pass the exams without hands on experience…

Hmm… It might be interesting to check out if it’s still the case in the US. I know Navision made a big deal out of it because they don’t want an individual who has limited knowledge to be implementing Navision.