Developer Question?

We have been self sufficient developer license end user for several years now. We are considering an upgrade to version 4.0 when it arrives. Our last upgrade in 2001 was peformed by our NSC. This time around the NSC is quoting us $60-90k for the upgrade. I feel our staff is quite capable of performing the upgrade internally if we had the proper license and tools. If we purchase the Solution Developer license do we get the tools to upgrade? Should we consider becoming an NSC? Any other thoughts?

I would have thought that if you had the all singing and dancing solution developer licence, you’d be able to do anything you want. The upgrade toolkit comes with the product CD

Hi, Yes of course, if you buy the solution developer licence you can do upgrade. You will have all permissions Bye

Hi To use the Dev. Toolkit you’ll need to have these two granules on your license 99,003,640 Navision Developers Toolkit - Source Analyzer 1 99,003,650 Navision Developers Toolkit - Compare & Merge 1

Make sure you can get access to the following granules: 102,120 Navision Financials Compare Toolkit 104,000 Upgrade Toolkit Execute objects(104,000-104,199)

quote:

Originally posted by mblauer
We have been self sufficient developer license end user for several years now. We are considering an upgrade to version 4.0 when it arrives. Our last upgrade in 2001 was peformed by our NSC. This time around the NSC is quoting us $60-90k for the upgrade. I feel our staff is quite capable of performing the upgrade internally if we had the proper license and tools. If we purchase the Solution Developer license do we get the tools to upgrade? Should we consider becoming an NSC? Any other thoughts?

You can consider becoming an NSC. But that doesn’t mean your application to become an NSC will be approved, unless your company is a consulting company already. What you can do is have your company create a new consulting company, get a couple of people certified then apply to get your NSC status.