Depreciation preiod remaining

Hi All ,

In the Go- Live process i need to upload the FA Master , i am getting confuse about the 3 fields in the value model form

a) Service Life

b) Depreciation period

c) Depreciation period remaining

Do i need fill these fields manually or does it update automatically for go -live ? Please explain the above scenario with an example .

Thanks in advance.

Hi Lally,

It is not mandatory for you to fill the above details in Excel. Later these fields can be filled in manually.

Thanks Ashwin,

What i want to know is how the depreciation period and depreciation period remaining will calculate and what is the basis ?

Hi Lally,

Depreciation Period calculates based on Service Life of an asset

For Example:- it the Service life is 5 then depreciation period will be 60 i.e. (5*12 months = 60 depreciation period)

once when the depreciation is run it will show the left over periods in depreciation period remaining

… if you find the post helpful, please verify solution …

Hi Lally,

Depreciation Period calculates based on Service Life of an asset

For Example:- it the Service life is 5 then depreciation period will be 60 i.e. (5*12 months = 60 depreciation period)

once when the depreciation is run it will show the left over periods in depreciation period remaining

… if you find the post helpful, please verify solution …

Your Client should provide you this data, else you can calculate the same based on Depreciation Start Date. e.g

Asset life: 60 months

Depreciation Start date: 1/4/2010

Go-Live Date : 1/4/2013

then remaining period would be 24 months as 36 month has already been passed and depreciation is posted in previous years.

You should also be importing and posting an acquiistion journal for the asset to reflect the cost paid, and then a depreciation to date journal. With these the subsequent depreciation will work correctly.

Thanks Sachin ,

a) Does system will automatically update the remaining period or do i need to fill manually after upload the opening balances of Assets Acquisition , depreciation?

b) ideally what would be best option to define the depreciation period either in Months or days ?

Please share your experience.

Standard AX updates remaining period when Deperciation Journal is posted.

But for data migration purpose this needs to be uploaded as Master data, because Depreciation is not calculated from the system during this process, only the opening balances are posted in AX.

Generally Users post depreciation on monthly basis.

Remaining period needs to be updated manually as you are not calculating depreciation from AX. This needs to be completed before uploading opening balances.

Generally Depreciation periods are define din Months. Many companies prepare their financials/ MIS on monthly basis then it will be helpful for them.

Thanks sachin,

For Depreciation do i need to attach the Fiscal year or fiscal calender in 2012 ?

where i need to attach the fiscal year or fiscal calender ?

Generally Fisacal year is used for this purpose and it can be attached at Deperciation Profiles.

Thanks Sachin,

What is the use of the Fiscal calender in AX 2012 ?