deliting customers and suppliers, help please

Hi there,

My firma er blevet solgt, og jeg skal derfor fortsætte i et nyt regnskab. Det har jeg gjort ved at oprette det, og så kopieret data fra det ekststerende regnskab. Jeg vil derefter rette kontoplanen til ved at slette eller omdøbe konti efter behov. Det kan jeg godt klare.
Men jeg vil også gerne kunne slette de gamle debitorer og kreditorer, der ikke længere er behov for. Hvordan gør man det ?
Håber nogen kan hjælpe. På forhånd tak. iokio

My company has been sold, and I will therefore continue in a new account. I have done this by creating it and then copied data from the eksisting accounts. I will then correct nomenclature by deleting or renameing the accounts as needed. That part I can do.
But I also want to delete the old debtors/customers and creditors/suppliers that are no longer needed. How do you do that?
Hope someone can help. Thank you in advance. iokio

Welcome to forum!

Please explain - by

you mean you created a new Company in Navision and copied data using CopyData from Setup Cheklist?

Or you want to clean up the previously used one?

Meanwhile I can already answer, that you can not delete Customer/Vendor, if there have been transactions - only mark it blocked, this prevents using it everywhere, and you can filter out blocked to keep list shorter.

You sure can delete a customer/vendor if the criterias for deleting is fullfilled.

For instance the check is whether or not the transactions are in an open fiscal year or not.

To try and delete a customer or vendor simply press F4 (i assume you are using an older version of NAV). The system will either delete it or tell you why you cannot delete it.

Yes, I created a new Compay and copied data from the Setup list. And there have been no postings yet.

There are no transactions yet, and all years before 2013 have been closed.

Wow, F4 worked like a dream come through [;)]

Thanks!

@Tvis: Read carefully - it’s just what I wrote: can not delete Customer/Vendor, if there have been transactions [;)]

Well, try it out in a standard database.

Off cause the transactions have to be not open and in a closed fiscal year :slight_smile: