Deleting Old Date in Navision from SQL

Hi All,

I got one requirement from my client saying that they dont want to keep data prior to March 31 2011, they want us to delete the data including Item ledger entries and value entries from backend (SQL server). currently they are having 5 FY’s data they are having from 2007 to 2012. Actually we suggested like date compression from navision excluding ILE n VLE as microsoft itself not suggesting these tables to compress also. but they are very clear that they dont want date compression from front end and they want permenant data deletion from backend.

can any one suggest me what can i do…

Awaiting response.

Thanks in Advance,

Krrish

Create New company in Database and Transfer the opening balance as on 01/04/2012 in that company with all setups .This will solve your proble

Hi amol,

Thanks for the reply.

But in my query itself i clearly mentioned that client is not looking for date compression which we already suggested and they want complete data deletion for that particular period from sql.

Create New company in Database and Transfer the opening balance as on 01/04/2012 in that company with all setups .This will solve your problem

Actually their ultimate goal is to reduce the size of the database by deleting the old data. In your case I cant reduce the database size by creating the new company and transfering the opening balance to the new company

Deleting OLD Data will remove all links in Database and will make your DB unstable. I will not recommend this

Best way Create a separate DB and upload all setups and opening balance in that DB.

Instead of letting the client dictate the solution, first define the problem. Then work with the client to arrive at a workable solution. There are times when saying “NO” is the best service you can provide.

(There’s a blog about that, but I can’t find it right now)