Delete Posted Documents?

Hi everybody It’s possible to delete an invoiced document header by pressing F4. Why??? Greetings from Hungary Soya

Hello Soya, I have to agree with you - I don’t like this feature either. Users hate to lose posted documents this way & do not see why they should be deleteable. Users also assume that because the document has been deleted, so have the ledger entries (Not true) & then go & re-post the document! I think that the logic is that because the ledger entries are left behind, then there is no financial/inventory etc impact to deleting a document. You also have to print off a physical hard copy of a posted document for your records before you can delete it. You do have to consider that there are some Financials/Attain customers whose database grows at such a rate that they have to clear off their history. For some people it just isn’t practical to have a 60Gb+ database even if their licence allows it. I have had to disable this for a number of customers & this is best done by either by setting the delete property on the form to ‘No’ or putting in some code into the OnDelete trigger of the table so that it errors. Hope this is of assistance. Greetings from the UK! ------------------------ Edward Bloomfield Navision Support Consultant Cambridge Online Systems Limited www.cambridgeonline.net Edited by - EBloom on 2002 Jan 18 17:45:28

Hello soya! Also, it’s useful to determine all transaction No. for document. And delete all entries with the same tr. no from tables 17, 21, 25 and so on. You have to write appropriate code. It works, if you didn t do anything with warehouse. If the doc have effect warehouse, it s more complex.

Deleting records from the Entries table??? Are you nuts? Lars Strøm Valsted Head of Project and Analysis Columbus IT Partner A/S www.columbusitpartner.com

Sorry, i have only russian version, so sample code looks misunderstood. It works under SQL OPTION ONLY. Main idea- get transaction no., form on this no. SQL string and then execute it. It very useful during implementation , debuging or study process.

If you want to keep your users from deleting when going to the posted documents screens and pressing F4, edit the forms and set the delete allowed property to false… Regards Alfonso Pertierra (Spain)apertierra@teleline.es