Debugger

Situation : I’m changing the value of a field from 1 > 2. The value does not change. In debugging mode. I’m changing the value of a field from 1 > 2. The value does change. Why does the value change with the debugger on? …

What Version are you running? Could you give us an example of the code? Joerg A. Stryk Apollo-Optik, IT/ERP Edited by - stryk on 2002 Jul 25 15:28:11

It is possible that the problem you encounter is not related to the changing value of the field. ie something changes the value back or the record is not inserted. just a thought. ~Sergey

I would agree with Sergey’s suggestion where the field value did not appear to change - that the updated record was not written back to the table - or possibly the screen was not refreshed. Another possibility - without the debugger you are seeing the result after a series of actions, one of which restores the original value, with the debugger you are looking at the field immediately after it is changed, before some other action takes place. Just some food for thought, not necessarily the right solution. Dave Studebaker das@libertyforever.com Liberty Grove Software A Navision Services Partner

I have actually encountered this problem. It happened to me in version 2.0 What causes this is the focus of the debugger screen. By giving focus to the debugger screen, it causes the “real” form to lose and gain focus. Doing this allows the code to run “right”. Turning off the debugger will allow it to run “wrong”. I got around this by restructuring by code. If I remember right, I had code in both the table OnValidate and also on the form. I also think I was doing a Currform.Update. Sometimes, the Currform.Update is the problem. Good luck. Bill Benefiel Manager of Information Systems Overhead Door Company billb@ohdindy.com (317) 842-7444 ext 117

If I remember correctly, there is “something” vith database bersions that are different when the debugger is active. Just can’t remember what is is, but is written somewhere in the documentation. Lars Strøm Valsted ------------------------- Why can’t programmers tell the difference between Christmas and Halloween? Because OCT(31) = DEC(25)

Hi All, after a search of…(well that’s not important anymore :slight_smile: ) I found that the UpdateOnActivate property was set to No. That’s what you get when you use tabular forms to input data… Thanx for all your reply’s Theo