Debit note/Credit note

Hi,

Can i know how to post Purchase returns without item and rate is different

Ex:- In PO is showing 10 Qty and amount is 1000

But Invoice is came 10 Qty and amount is 1500

In the above scenario how can we raise the return order in AX4.0

Thanks

Hi Kola,

You can change the unit price in purchase line. credit note or return order doesn’e restrict about the price on purchase line.

Pranav…

Hi Pranav,

Here my client made a Po for 1500 ,But he want to raise 500 return can i know the process in ax 4.0

Hi Kola,

Can you explain your issue in more details… like how are they treating inventory here? What was the actual order wrt to item qty and price and what qty and price in return order?

Anyway, in either case system doesn’t restrict in entering quantity or price.

Pranav…

Simply they want to return that amount without using item it possile through credit note

Thanks

No. Credit note is always associated with item. You can use general journal to post the adjustment entry.

Pranav…

Thanks pranav,

My scenario is i raised po for 10 qty 100 Rs but invoice is came 10 qty 1500 Rs , and account made po invoice at 10 qty 1500 Rs , now i want to return back my money 500 how to do in ax 4.0

Thanks

Sorry the above scenario take po raised to 10 qty for 1000 Rs

Please correct the above scenario Po raised 10 qty 1000 Rs

Hi Kola,

I am still not sure what exactly you want to achieve. Do you mean to say that you raised Po for 10 qty @ 1000 but you received the invoice 10 qty @ 1500 and the PO is posted. Now you want to adjust the transaction such that vendor is credited with 1000 and not 1500?

Please explain in more detail.

Pranav…

Hi,

Debit/Credit note- without item for a rate is difference

Thanks

Hi,

As mentioned by Pranav, either you can use GL jv…to post the debit note without using the item or you can also use AP>journals>invoice journal and post a debit amount for the vendor. This will decrease the outstanding balance for the vendor without effecting the inventory qty received.

another scenario is where you want to correct the PO postings. You have to reverse the PO posting by creating the new negative line with the same values(10 QTY, 1500 Amount) and create another new line with correct values(10 QTY, 1000 amount).

I hope this helps

• Jagadeesh K