Debit Memos in AP - have a problem

Using AX 2009

Here’s the scenario.

We need to settle an invoice in AP with a Debit memo issued internally for whatever reason. We cannot use the normal “Reverse Transaction” in this case to just get rid of it.

If I enter another offsetting invoice as a Debit it will zero them out but I am unable to settle them because the AP Payment journal offsets to zero and AX won’t post them. If this is the answer, do I set my system up to allow 0 amount journals to be posted?

If I enter a AP Payment Journal and settle it with some type of memo I can’t have the Bank as the offset becasue it will then look like cash is leaving our accounts when it isn’t. If this is the answer, what would I offset it with?

Any assistance with this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all and Happy New Year.

Hi,

If transaction is not getting reversed, i will suggest you to make a correction voucher which reverses the transaction of posted enter.

After this, you can use open transaction editing and settle the invoice with correction entry.

Pranav…

Hi Pranav,

Thanks for your help. I understand about putting in the correctioin voucher which reverses the transaction fo the posted. I understand this as entering in a debit at the AP Invoice Journal. What I’m confused about is the open transaction editing and settleing the invoice with a correcton entry. Wher do I find this? I’m looking all over AP and can’t figure how.

Thanks

I figured it out Pranav. Thanks so much for your help.