Dates in PO and Req Worksheet

Dear all, Sales order is having two items. There are some bought out items common for both these sales order items. MRP is processed, I have created Requisition worksheet out of it and then finally purchase orders are created. For same item for same vendor it has generated two separate line in a purchase order in respect of sales order items. Even the expected receipt date, order dates and planned receipt date is all same. When I created sales order, different shipment dates were entered for the sales Item. But in the Purchase Order line all details like Item, Location, Quantity, order date, planned receipt date and expected receipt date are same. Only difference is that when I click on order tracking, than system shows different shipment date. My query here is that as per Purchase Order, Vendor is suppose to deliver the Items at my location as per planned receipt date and since planned receipt date is same than why system is creating two purchase lines instead of one. Also don’t you think planned receipt date should be shipment date as this is the date when I want material to be available in my inventory. I hope my query is clear. Rgs. Abhay

Hi Abhay This is such a big area with so many settings, it could be needle in a haystack time. I would start with the requisition method of the item - if it is of the MTO variety this would (from memory) create two distinct order lines as the requirements, although the same, are treated separately - although it maybe distinct orders thinking about it. I would need you to list the full settings of the item to see why, and see if I can reproduce it. With regards to your dates in certain areas an adiitonal handling date is either inbuilt into the system or can be configured - depending upon your set up (if ou have WMS etc for inbound and outbound handling time)In some instances a day is coded into the code unit. This is because you may require the goods for shipment on the 20/10/03 so you want the expected delivery date to be the 20/10/03 - you operate until 17.00 but your carriers go at 16.00 - if the purchased goods come in at 16.30 on the 20/10/03 they are on time but you are late - the lorries have left the building. You can of course modify the system to remove this date.

I think you can not get the system to group by item. It’ll create you 2 different lines. Why you are getting dates can depend on a lot of things. The 2 sales line items can have different routings => different lead times of all components => different dates on req worksheet for purchase.

I do agree there can be a lot of settings. I am able to pin point the problem. As per my setting if my due date is 20/10 and 20/11 in sales order, than these due dates should get defaulted in Purchase Order lines expected due date and system correctly suggest two lines as there are two different expected receipt date. This things works correctly till the time I enter leadtime calculation in Item Card or in Vendor Card. But as soon as I enter in Vendor/Item screen the lead time , than system gives the output as mentioned above. This I am not able to understand why system is not giving correct output when I am entering value in Item/Vendor table in leadtime calculation. If I am not clear , let me know than I will give the complete setting on which I am working. Rgs Abhay

Hi Abhay Are you therefore saying if the lead time claculation on the item card is set to 1W, everything works fine, but if you set up a specific item/vendor leadtime from the item card as 2W everything goes wrong?

I am not using Routing and only using BOM. My vendor leadtime is 4D. 1) Two FG say ML1 and ML2 with shipment date as 20/10/03 and 20/11/03. 2) Component say C1 is required in both FG. 3) Planning worksheet, due date for C1 are 20/10/03 and 20/11/03. 4) Carry out action message and than create Purchase Order from Req Worksheet.In Req W/S due dates are 20/10/03 and 20/11/03. 5) Output in Purchase Order lines are with two different expected receipt dates as 20/10/03 and 20/11/03. 6) I follow the same steps as mentioned above but by entering Vendor/Item table leadtime as 4 days, the output gives two lines with the same date as 24/10/03 as expected receipt date but if I click on order tracking there will be different shipment date. Rgs Abhay

One more input in the requisition worksheet, as soon as I enter the vendor code, the due date changes and both due dates become same incase when Vendor/Item value is there but in case there is no value in vendor/Item table these due dates are different that is 20/10/03 and 20/11/03.

Hi Abhay I have simplified this, but cannot find anything wrong: 1. Load a sales order for ITEM “X” that has a lead time of 5 Days, unless ordered from Vendor 10000 when a leadtime of 3 Days is applicable. Vendor 10000 is set as default against the item. 2. The sales order has Planned delivery dates of 06/11/03 and 06/12/03. 3. Running the Requisition worksheet I get due dates of 05/11/03 and 05/12/03, with ending dates of 04/11/03 and 04/12/03 and the respecitive starting dates of 01/11/03 and 01/12/03. 4. If I alter the vendor from the defaulted 10000 the respective starting dates move to 30/10/03 and 29/11/03. I see no concatenation of dates as you do, even on the conversion of the suggestions to purchase orders. Could you try this simple method first - setting it up against the item and see if the error still happens.

Just out of interest what is the reordering policy set against the item? Is any reorder cycle populated?

Reordering policy is lot for lot. I am further able to drill down the problem. 1) If I enter in the Item card the vendor and enter the lead time calculation, than also there is no problem. 2) But if from the vendor card, one goes to Purchase tab>Vendor and enter the vendor code along with lead time calculation. If one uses this data in requisition worksheet, than system does not give correct output. Steven so now I am talking very specific, I don’t know whether you are getting correct output if you use the lead time calculation as mentioned in point 2. Rest everything is working fine. I am sorry for taking your time but I want to be sure whether I am folloiwng the correct process or not. Rgs Abhay

Hi Abhay The vendor/item combination lead time is the same table whether accessed from the item card or the vendor card - so this should not be making any difference. I am still not getting your issue. Can you do me a favour and alter the requisition method - you should see a change. The lot-for-lot system will group demand for a set period and put it on one line, so theoretically if the reorder cycle is beyond 4 days, as you mentioned earlier, then the demand will be rolled up into one supply. Change it to an order system - you’ll get two purchase orders then, but with the correct date, or alter the reorder cycle to 2 days (but this then makes lot-for-lot a bit pointless). Let me know how you get on.

I know there is little confusion,as you had mentioned tables let me then talk about the tables. Objective : To enter link vendor and lead time calculation to Item CArd. This can be done from two places. 1) Item CArd>Ordering tab> ENter Vendor No and lead time calculation. If I enter value here it works fine. If I don’t enter here and enter at next point. Here I would also like to mention that Source table being accessed is “Item”. 2)Item Card>Purchase tab> Vendor. Instead of entering in point 1 I can also enter the vendor and lead time calculation here. The SOurce table being accessed is “Item Vendor”.Now if I enter value in this table then outcome is not what is desired and expected date of purchase order line is not based on due date in requisition worksheet. There is no reorder cycle and requisition method is lot for lot. This is not affecting because if I enter the value as per point 1, than everything works fine but only in case of point 2 than system does not give correct output. If you are getting correct output as per point 2, than there can be some problem in my database. Rgs Abhay

Hi Abhay With what I understand from your issues and what I have described above - the entries in the item vendor catalogue make no difference to me. If I specify a lead time against the item the requisition worksheet calculates based upon this, and if I put a vendor-lead time entry in the item vendor catalogue, the requisition worksheet takes this. As an example I set teh following item up “ABHAY” ([:D]). The item card lead time is 10 days from vendor 10000, but I have specified if I buy it from vendor 30000 it takes 3 days. If I run the requisition worksheet it populates vendor 10000 with an end date of 30/12/03 and a start date of 20/12/03. If I alter the vendor to 30000 the start date becomes 27/12/03. Therefore if NOTHING else is coming into play as you suggest - mine has no problems. For me the due date never moves. I am using 3.60.