Database synchronization between 2 different compa

Hi, I have a query regarding data syncronization(Transfer) between 2 different companies Scenario: Navision is installed on 2 different physical location(2 different Machines) Location 1: Sql server DB with Company A Location 2: Sql Server DB with Company B Both the database are identical wrt Database/table structure. I want to know wheather the data from Location 2/company B can be replicated on to Location 1/Company A. Please help me in this regard Thanks, Vikas

Hi, How you want to replicate your data? 1. You want to merger data of company B from server2 to company A on sever1. OR 2. You want to merge data of company B from Server2 to Company B on server1. 2nd case is pretty simple. You can use Merge replication of SQL Server, But for 1st case you have to do little bit modification.

There’s no easy way to do this. If all you need is do reporting based off of G/L then try looking at the consolidation granule in Navision. With some modification, you can bring the vendor and customer ledger over as well.

quote:

Hi, How you want to replicate your data? 1. You want to merger data of company B from server2 to company A on sever1.
Originally posted by Rajeshj - 2004 Oct 29 : 03:04:02

yea…we are looking for the 1st option. and can u tell me what are the modifications we have to do in sql database.

if you want to migrate data between 2 servers then it’ s easy , you can use data export / import utility

Your transfer is one way? Are you trying to synchronise both company data at say HO? If it is the case use transactional replication of SQL server.Set this replication at location 2 , and transfer Compnay B data to Location 1 SQL Database. Make sure that you are not dropping any tables, only append the records.

Hi, You can have a look on this site http://www.kloster-import.dk they have data synchronization software for Navision.

Vikas, Do you want to keep the data separate or do you want to bring it together to make one company? The answer to this question is the start of the answer to your question?

quote:

Hi, I have a query regarding data syncronization(Transfer) between 2 different companies Scenario: Navision is installed on 2 different physical location(2 different Machines) Location 1: Sql server DB with Company A Location 2: Sql Server DB with Company B Both the database are identical wrt Database/table structure. I want to know wheather the data from Location 2/company B can be replicated on to Location 1/Company A. Please help me in this regard Thanks, Vikas
Originally posted by vikasshettar - 2004 Oct 28 : 12:27:19

I suggest you take a look at www.databackbone.com - a comprehensive suite of Navision batch replication products. Also, online access is possible vi an automation connector. Regards, AA