Database Options

Can any one tell me what are the database options for navision. Is it hetrogeneous and can be connected to any database. I want to connect it with microsoft MSDE or sql server2000 is it possible. I am new to navison. Kindly help me

You can only use 2 database options with Navision 1) the proprietarian one (Navision database) 2) MS SQL Server Saludos Nils

Can we use MSDE for sql server.

With 3.70, yes, I think!

I am not so sure about MSDE with 3.70… there is an installation routine on the CD for MSDE but we couldn’t make it work the other day, the installation stopped with an error message that MSDE could not be installed. Saludos Nils

I want to know much about Pluspos and gopro retail used for navison retail implemantation

MSDE can be used with all SQL versions of Navision. MSDE is architecturally almost the same as all the other SQL Server versions, along with some delibrate crippling to prevent it for use in (serious) production systems. In 3.70, it has just been packaged with the installation program to provide a fast up-and-running SQL Server with demo database allready attached. If you have problems installing MSDE - do you allready have a SQL Server installed on the machine? (The installation program will not attempt to install MSDE in that case, but thats dependent on the Registry, which can sometimes be fragile). Have you tried it on a different machine?

Which one is best Navision with c/side implementation or sql server. mostly people say cside as it is the native db.But when we use sqlserver or msde we can get all features of it.What participants in our forum thinks on this issue . kindly post your comments on this db issue

Hi, in the company at present we have Windows XP with SP1 in the PC clients, to do the complete installation of Navision 3.70, in the procees of the MSDE 2000 install, the following message error is the Unable installation. The error is unknow for me. . . . Thanks :smiley:

quote:

Originally posted by nilsm
I am not so sure about MSDE with 3.70… there is an installation routine on the CD for MSDE but we couldn’t make it work the other day, the installation stopped with an error message that MSDE could not be installed. Saludos Nils

. . .Make sure Printer Sharing is enabled. This is something that also happens when using the MSDE with the .NET framework.

quote:

Originally posted by vbeswar
Which one is best Navision with c/side implementation or sql server. mostly people say cside as it is the native db.But when we use sqlserver or msde we can get all features of it.What participants in our forum thinks on this issue . kindly post your comments on this db issue

Please search the site for information about SQL, a request such as yours is posted almost weekly these days[V].

vbeswar, as David points out… search: native SQL database - this should give you a rather long list of possible topics, this one should give you a good overview (http://www.mbsonline.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5986) wisemx: I’ll give it a try and let you know the result, must be such a detail… [xx(] Saludos Nils