Data source rejected establishment of connection

In an asp page i try to connect to 2 connections to a navision database via ado (C/ODBC). If i try this i get the following message: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers-Fehler ‘80040e4d’ [Navision Software a/s][Navision Financials ODBC Driver]Data source rejected establishment of connection Where’s the problem Markus

We’ve not had good luck with C/ODBC and ASP. Has anyone? Our general advice is not to use it in that way. I’d like to hear form someone that has had success with reliable ASP & C/ODBC working together. Otherwise, we are using Navision on SQL and the using the standard SQL ODBC drivers. Jim Hollcraft NCSD, NCSP, MCSE, CNE, MCP, MST aka Skater http://drilldot.com Unauthorized Navision News

I have just got this same message. I have 2 ODBC connections to a Navision database to 2 different companys. I do not know whether this is an ODBC driver prolem or an ADO problem. Does anyone else have any experience of this? Would it work if we switched to an SQL server database ? Nigel

I was having Application Error in slave.exe by displaying error "The instruction at 0x1002a2cb referenced memory at 0x0602c020. The memory could not be “read”. Next, Default Web in IIS stopped running. I am using Navision C/ODBC 3.01B Anyone has idea about this problem?

I tried ADO connection to Navision Database in VB and great, it worked. However, after compiling it into DLL, and being referenced in ASP, gosh, I faced the previous problem again. I remember reading someone was having a similar problem. Has anyone had an idea/solution on this? Thanks for your contribution.

Taking it all together, it comes down to C/ODBC not being able to handle multiple connections. Try putting a layer in between which can do this, such as the ODBC Bridges from Easysoft (www.easysoft.com) John