Data Replication through Ax-2012

Hello to all,

Can any one provide me necessary information about data replication in Ax-2012, means what is it and how to achieve it through Ax-2012.

Thanks & Regards

Rajveer

Hi Rajveer,

May i know what kind of replication you are talking about. Is it a database copy ??

Hi Vishal,

I want to do the intercompany replication (i.e. from 1 company to another) of several modules data for eg (BOM, customer, items, product…etc) using Axapta-2012.

Thanks & Regards

Rajveer.

Hi rajveer,

If you want to replicate your data from one company to another, then the best way to do using defination group:

Administration → Periodic → Data Export/Import

Create new definition group → See in the include Table options (for the type of tables you want to export through definition group).

Then export the definition group.

And import it into new company.

Hi Vishal,

Thanks for sharing your knowledge with me, this data import.export option is in Common under Administration, not in Periodic.

Thanks & Regards

Rajveer.

Yes, it is under common in ax 2012.

But in AX 2009 its under periodic.

Ohk Vishal, Thanks for your support…

I have 1 doubt in my mind, actually what you have told me is Data Migration, so what’s the difference between DataMigration & Data Replication

Rajveer

Hi Rajveer,

Date replication

Data replication is a complex subject. Usually data replication is used in situations such as having dedicated reporting environment, high availability minimising redundancy etc.

There are 3 types of SQL replication - snapshot, transactional and merge.

You can see an example for transaction replication with AX 2009 here - http://blogs.msdn.com/b/emeadaxsupport/archive/2011/02/15/database-replication-with-ax-2009.aspx

Data migration

In simple terms, data gets collected various or one main source systems, cleaned and subsequently imported into target system (ex - Dynamics AX). The tool that is used for data migration should be able to support movement of data between various AX systems (ex Development → Test → Live etc).

In AX 2012, DMF (data migration tool) published by MS is used for this purpose. To know more about this tool, please search in these forums as they were discussed many times here.

In addition to DMF, definition groups are also used for this purpose. An example of using definition groups in AX is here - http://blogs.bojensen.eu/?p=527

Hello Mr. Harish,

What i want to do is that, when i enters the data in one company of the client at the same time the data should be replicated to the other corresponding companies also.

Thanks

Rajveer