Data migration tool for Dynamics AX 2012

Hello,

I am planing my data migration. I am working with Ax 2012. My plan is: I will give excel templates to the client, User will fill the templates and I will then import it into the system.

Now, the problem is, in Ax 2009, it was worked well. it automatically took all master and relational tables. in Ax 2012, I have to generate blank templates throgh office adins. When I generate this templates, it does not include the related master table. (For example, the template of vender table does not include the currency table automatically.)

Can any one please help, how it works? How the related data will be inserted an in which sequance for Ax 2012.

Thanks,

Abhishek

Hi,

Please note that it will be very difficult to migrate data into AX 2012 using office add-ins. Also it is almost impossible to migrate using definition groups.

At my customer site, I have written migration tools in AX 2012. Basically it reads CSV files and import data into AX 2012 using AIF framework.

Can you share that tool? Is it free?

Hi,

Unfortunately I can’t share this tool yet.

Alternatively if you are a partner, please speak to your local contact. MS have developed a data migration tool which is currently in alpha version. Your contact may be able to provide this tool. If you have difficulty getting this tool, drop me your email address and I will forward this to you.

Thank u so much Harish ji,

Please share it @ abhishekusoni@gmail.com.

Please also drop some lines about, how it works and steps to be performed.

Abhishek

Hi,

Could you send it to me also at kalle.lenkkeri@systeam.fi?

Thanks very much!

Hi,

Just sent you latest version of data import tool for DAX 2012.

Hi,

Welcome to DUG [:D] and it is done.

Hi Harish,

Can you do the same favour for me. I am struggling with data migration. My id is pranav.2204@gmail.com

Many Thanks

Pranav

Hi,

Please Kindly Share this tool With me @ Umer.bajwa@maisonconsulting.com

I will be very thankful to you, Please Also share some words about how to use it.

Waiting for your Kindness

Hi,

Welcome to DUG [:D] and it is done.

Hi,

I have sent you the tool.

Good morning Harish, would you please share this info with me too? Please write to hector.cazot@insyss.com

Thanks a lot

hi harish can u plz fwrd it to me also harivalla5@gmail.com### with regards,### harivalla

Hi Harish

Is it linked on partnersource? If not perhaps uploading it here (if allowed) will prevent the next 100 requests [:D]

Can you please share with me too. My id is (email removed by admin)

Hi,

Can you please share this toolwith (email removed by admin)

Thanks in advance

Happy New Year 2012

Regards

K Subramanian

Thanks

Hi Harish

I have tied to fetch this tool from MS, with out any luck. Can you send it to me as well. THANKS in advance.

(email removed by admin)

Regards

Dan

hi, can you sendt it to me too. (email removed by admin)

Could you pleese share it with me too? (email removed by admin)

Knut