Data import through Config. Package Card

Hello I had to create around 200 new statistical accounts and did it through the Config. Package Card excel template import. All items were imported with zero errors.
But when I opened chart of accounts - I realized that imported just accounts ID (no description, no dimension, no definition of statistical accounts … I will highly appreciate any advice … cant imagine I will have manually type all accounts details
Thank you

Hi Janna.

If you’re using BC SaaS version, you could use Edit in Excel to update the rest if the configuration package didn’t work. It’s hard to know what the issue is without seeing it. If you want to connect to review it let me know and we can get something scheduled.

Actually I figured it out :slight_smile: it was a problem of field format. I Manually typed one account, exported it and updated format of every field of the uploading template. All works now

Janna,

Glad you found the reason and solution. Also consider a FREE APP for BC called Statistical Accounts that will make statistical reporting easier and simpler.

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-US/product/dynamics-365-business-central/PUBID.stoneridge-software|AID.d365_bc_statistical_accounts|PAPPID.efe31100-f1e2-11ea-95b8-67ae54a288f7

Hope this helps.
Thanks,
Steve