Data Consistency Error

Hi All

I have few tables in Navision 5.01 where i am facing the data consistency error. I am preparing the DB for a fresh installation where i am required to delete all the existing transactions. Few of the tables like Value Entry, Purchase Line, Dimension Tables are showing this error while doing the data deletion. Also after the message, database becomes suspect. While trying to optimise the table, the same data consistency message appears.

Is there any other way to delete the data. Can the data be deleted from SQL Query without facing any issues in the future?

Your comment on the above will be highly apppreciated.

Thanks

Faisal

Almost impossible, even in your case, when you need to delete ALL transactional data, and thus NOT RECOMENDED even for people who know VERY well what they are doing.

If you need to keep in your new DB only different setup information, as CoA, Posting Groups, Dim values etc etc - it’s much easier to copy THESE to new & empty DB.

Thanks.

I did the following:

1. Put the SQL DB in single user mode.
  2. Run the DBCC CHECKTABLE table name

The above command fixed the data consistency of the table and might be some data lost. After that I managed to clean the data from the table.

Faisal