Customer Update Summary

When I click the Customer “Summary Update” button on the Setup tab… an empty window is displayed. I therefore cannot set any parameters for the summary update for the selected Customer. Can I add that the problem customers appear to be only those added via the DIEF routine. Any Customers added manually via the Customer form are OK. Can anyone help me with this problem?

Hey Joe,

Welcome to the community. To make sure everyone notices your post, I’ve moved it to the “AX User Forum.” This is the forum that should be used for these types of functional questions.

-Jake

I should have just responded - I guess. Can you check the SalesJournalAutoSummary table and see if records exist in there for these customers you imported via DIXF? Do you have the business logic and validate records checkboxes enabled for the entities you’re trying to use?

Thanks for the response Jake. It was another person who migrated the data. However, I’ll set up a small import file and upload, ensuring that both flags, as advised above, are checked. There is a pattern though! All customers created (up to end of February 2016, have empty Summary Update forms (i.e. no display in grid at-all). Customers created from 1st March onwards have Summary Update info displayed in grid. The ones created after 1st March have data in the SalesJournalAutoSummary table :slight_smile:

Hi again Jake. I ran a DIEF import with 1 customer record and it uploaded OK, but the Summary Update problem exists for this customer too. I checked both flags as advised before import, but this doesn’t appear to have made any difference. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Hmm. Sometimes you also have to go into the entity mapping and check those enable validate and modified business logic on each of the fields, too, for that stuff to work. You could try that.

Open the entity form and click “target mapping” to check it out.

Hi Jake. I have went into Setup >> Target Entities >> Entity Structure and chose the “Customer Entity”. The run business logic and business validations were unchecked. I checked them and tried again. Success !! :slight_smile: My new imported customer displays the Summary Update form now. So the checkboxes need to be checked in 2 locations. Thanks for steering me in this direction. I presume that existing customers, for whom we are not able to see/setup summary updates will need to remain in this state? Right?

Hi Joe,

Indeed it needs to be activated on two places. On the Target entity you define if it is allowed to use. Then from the processing group you can choose to use it or not.
What exactly do you mean with “need to remain in this state”? I assume you would like to correct the data for the customers which were incorrectly updated?

Hi Andre. Thanks for clearing this up. Yes, I would also like to correct the data for the other customers who were incorrectly updated. I thought maybe this could be done via Excel-Add-In. But I’m not really sure. Your advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

You could try running it again for those records. I’d certainly do this in a TEST environment first, though, because DIXF has a weird way of sometimes updating fields that you didn’t want it to update.

I did try that Jake, but no joy. I thought if I could populate the table “SalesJournalAutoSummary” via Excel Add-In then that might work. Not tried yet, but I’ll give it a go next week. Thanks for your help.

I did try that Jake, but no joy. I thought if I could populate the table “SalesJournalAutoSummary” via Excel Add-In then that might work. Not tried yet, but I’ll give it a go next week. Thanks for your help.