Customer Service module in AX 2012 R3

Hi,

we have received a query from our customer regarding the customer service module in AX 2012 R3. I would like to know the Pros/Cons of this module and possible situation when we shouldn’t be using this. Also, what is the best way to link this to Production module?

any insights/Advise would be greatly appreciated. thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Frodo

Do you mean Service Management?

yes, Service management.

Well the pro’s and con’s depend upon what is required. It is projects based and you service them, it does not tie into production except through projects and I would argue not really. If you are looking for service engineers that create service works orders for repairs then there used to be lots of gaps and there are add on’s in this area, but it ultimately goes back to what your customer wants to use it for and then match the requirements to what standard does.

Start here:
technet.microsoft.com/…/hh208509.aspx

Hello Adam, I noticed you said “create service works orders for repairs then there used to be lots of gaps and there are add on’s in this area” ---- I just want to know what “gaps” there could be, and what’s the recommended add on, can you name a couple of them. Thank you!

Hi Kwen

The answer is a specific AX2012 one, this all changes with D365O.

Yes, I know D365 changed a lot for this module. I wanted to know about AX 2012 R3, if anything on top of your head…

So people like To-Increase and Dynaway create ASM - Adavanced Service Management and EAM - Enterprise Asset Management for internal and external maintenance. There are lots in these the wole concept of service objects, orders, dispatch boards, billing etc. is different and can do more.