Customer Account Transaction in General ledger

Hi,

Is there anybody who can explain why does the customer account type in general ledger does not generate sales tax automatically? I already set up the sales tax button in the customer details set up tab. Sample transaction is:

Dr Customer

Cr Vendor

Is this behavior valid to generate automatic sales tax or not?

Please help. Thank you very much in advance.

Not sure it is clear where you are defining the customer account type (ledger account?) and what your sample transaction then is (General journal?)

Hi,

I didn’t understand what exactly you are trying to do? From the entry you provided, it seems you are posting some adjustment entry between a customer and a vendor.

Can you please elaborate the transaction which you are doing.

Sales tax is calculated based on sales tax group and item sales tax group. Hope you have defined all the mandatory setup.

Pranav…

Hi Pranav,

My client is doing a transaction in General Journal where the customer is subject to sales tax. He wants to compute the sales tax of the customer. Now, I just want to know if it is possible to compute sales tax in customer account type in general journal.

Thank you very much,

Hi adam,

Yes the transaction is being done in General Journal, I just want to know if it is possible to compute sales tax in General journal if the account type is customer?

Thank you very much,

Hi,

We do have option of calculating tax on general journal. Just enter sales tax group and item sales tax group, Click on the sales tax button to see the sales tax that will be calculated.

Pranav…