Cust.Ledger Entry table does not have an active key that start with....

Hi All,

I’m facing a problem when I done my report, an error message box prompt out when I’m running my report:

The Cust. Ledger Entry table does not have an active key that starts with the following field(s): Customer No., Currency Code, Posting.

Anyone know how to solve this? I have no idea~

Thanks a lot.

Hi… u should create a key “Customer No., Currency Code, Posting.” on Cust. Ledger Entry…

HI, may I know what is the purpose of Active Key? Thanks [:)]

HI, may I know what is the purpose of Active Key? Thanks [:)]

Hi,

Active key is the one which able to filter certain datas from the table with that particular keys, So that it tell that error that table does not have an active key. So you create those keys and run your report.

True, but also (and for a report just as important) is sets the sorting of the data of the table the key is defined for.

Are you sure you copied whole the error message right?

It seems to me that one word is missing at the end: Date. The Cust. Ledger Entry table has one key (the 3rd key in standard NAV) which is:

Customer No.,Currency Code,Posting Date

But if you did copy the message right, it appers there is an omission in the code of the report with a call to the function SETCURRENTKEY:

SETCURRENTKEY(“Customer No.”,“Currency Code”,Posting);

which should be

SETCURRENTKEY(“Customer No.”,“Currency Code”,“Posting Date”);

Old post, I know. But Luc van Vugt nailed this one. Well spottet. Note that I pressed suggest as solution on the wrong post. I don’t know how to remove it. Cheers