CSP and AX7 sales - how well is this working?

Not sure where to put this, but I’m wondering if there are any partners out there struggling to understand how they fit into the new CSP model Microsoft is enforcing with their AX7 subscription go to market strategy.

Could you explain what you mean by the acronym? Cloud Solution Provider? And what’s your concern about it?

Partners cannot sell AX7 as they have sold AX2012 and other versions before it. AX7 subscriptions are only sold on EA or through a certified CSP (cloud solution provider). Looks like Microsoft has changed their expectations for Partners, and I’m wondering if partners on this board have had good experiences with this transition?

Well this should actually go into the AX Partners forum. I know this forum has never really been used. It was there on the old site also, but rather “hidden”.

We actually need someone could “spark” some new activity into that group. Maybe something for you [mention:2ad34ff1156d42a08f485895ed755b65:e9ed411860ed4f2ba0265705b8793d05] with your previous user group experience? :slight_smile:

I’m happy to. Can you move this question over there maybe?

Moved it to the AX Partner forum.

Has no one come across this yet?

The number of AX sales outside of TAP and in the new world of AX7 not on EA will be few. From my perspective working for a partner we are aware of the requirements and are working towards CSP status.

I agree Adam. More and more AX deals are being sold on EA. But also EA requirements are increasing, which will squeeze medium-sized businesses. The 50 Enterprise user min. for AX 7 cloud deployments seems high to me. Maybe this number will come down after a strong roll out of AX to larger companies.

Hi Jon,

The 50 enterprise users contains all licenses and cost for running AX 24 hours a day with high availability (HA). So Windows, SQL and infrastructure is part of it. Compare this to costs for buying all licenses for HA , installation and maintenance.

There is also product positioning. Look at the Microsoft offerings. Madiera based for 10-100 users, what is NAV these days? 25-200? But clearly the medium sized business offering along with GP. This leaves AX in the enterprise space competing against SAP. User count is another differentiator (unless NAV is also starting at 50 enterprise users?). I don’t agree with the approach of the start point, but it’s understandable if you are Microsoft. Basically enterprise = AX, SME = NAV /GP, other = madiera (apologies to soloman).

You’re right about positioning. Even on Microsoft’s site, as of today, when you go to dynamics page then to ERP you come to the preverbal fork in the road: Large Global organizations or SMB. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics/erp.aspx