Creating to type of description in routing

Dear All, I need your help to suggest me how to make two types of description in a routing line from machine center and another center (card form) but not from a table like standard tasks. If it is from machine center, I think it has been available but from a new card for example like item card, how to do that? tks a lot beforehand. rgds, Mark Happy easter day

Hello, I don’t really get your question in the area you are in and where you wish to get the information from and put.

Dear Gfuentes and all, I would like to put a new card description in the routing line of manufacturing module in the product design of navision but the description field in the routing is not from name in the machine center card name but I want it from a new card’s description I’ve made. In the routing line, there is a standard task field. If I select one of available standard task code, the standard task code 's description will be appear in the routing line’s description field, if I select machine center in the type field, then click selected machine from machine center list in the no. field, the discription of standard task code will dissappear. Now, my problem is I have created a new card like item card or machine card and it has description field, then I use the card in the routing line like machine center card, and also I use its description field to replace description or name of machine from machine center card in the routing description field but it’s difficult to me. I only can do that if it’s not a card but only tabular model like standard task. rgds, Mark

Mark, To what i understood about your request, this is what i think you should do: 1. create a list form based on the table on which you created this new card form and this form to lookupformid property of the table. 2. In routing line table add new Type option to for Type field for example call it ‘new’ 3. in the table relation of No. field add property to pick up value from this new table eventhough u dont have the list form, when you do the above 2 and 3 points, you can type in the value of new card in the no. field and write code to bring the description.

Dear Valluru,all, You have understood my questions very well and I will try to do but could you give the codes ? As you’ve said, I will do as follows: 1. Create a table and a form like item card 2. Create a form list of the new card 3. Create new field with type option 4. Set up the properties of the new field (no. 3) Am I correct ? Any suggestions from you all are welcome. tks a lot rgds, Mark

You have understood my questions very well and I will try to do but could you give the codes ? As you've said, I will do as follows: 1. Create a table and a form like item card 2. Create a form list of the new card 3. Create new field with type option 4. Set up the properties of the new field (no. 3) Am I correct ? Any suggestions from you all are welcome. tks a lot Coding looks good. Create the table, list form. In the machine table add the new field option. In the coding of validate of the new field return the description from your new table to the description field. See coding similar to Table=36, Field=Ship-to Code, Coding OnValidate(). The code will validate the users lookup choice and get other information from the lookup table value ex: address and return it to the current table to popualte other fields.

Dear All, GFuentes, Tks a lot for your reply. Do you think if I make new form and table, it will not have an impact to other tables ? For example I want to make new business process activity that is not exists in Navision and I do as follows: 1. Create table and forms i.e. list form and card form 2. Create tables for its ledger entry and worksheet or journal to post the data relates to new table 3. Create codeunit for using of a posting from journal to the ledger entry 4. ??? The no. 4 and etc, is really difficult to me what they are and how to connect code unit to a journal or worksheet ? tks beforehand. rgds, Mark

Mark, It depends on what the overall functioanlity you want?? I thought you have already created a table for “New Card” you specified. If you have not then you need to tell us what functionality you are looking for. Is it similar functionality like Machine Center? or is it different? What fields you want in thsi new table and how they should be used?

Dear Lakshmi, Yes I have create a card from a new table, and I want it can be inserted into routing line and replace machine center name and you’ve given the answer, then I wonder if I use it separately as a new functionality based on a business process activity of a manufacturing company. And it will needed a form like production BOM and also a calculation form too, journal to update actual result from operations. I’ve seen that machine center can’t give what I want, but the result of my new functionality could be used in the machine or work center and also used in the routing line. It is my long term plan and I know it will not be able to do in a short time. I will need assistance from you all here…tks a lot rgds,